[ 12 ]

~ [ 10:50 am ] ~

Today was the day, Wednesday where Mr Hwang was coming within the next ten minutes for a house inspection.

"I'm not prepared, the house is a mess!" Taeyong rambled, frantically wiping down all the surfaces for the nth time.

Jaehyun leaned against a wall, arms folded as he observed the older pace around the penthouse making sure everything was perfect for the inspection. Even if he had wiped those surfaces many times before.

"Tae, why don't you sit down?" Jaehyun hummed, coming off the wall and pulling Taeyong to face him.

Taeyong shook his head, "No I haven't finished cleaning, everything has to be right. Nothing can be out of place that can ruin anything."

Jaehyun placed his hands upon the red heads shoulders, "You wiped this table ten times already..." his hands slid up and cupped the older's face, "You're also scaring the boys."

As the older turned around, eyeing the sofa in worry, his brown orbs landed on the two small boys that watched him from afar.

They were dressed in cute, perfectly picked outfits. Nothing too short from being over the top.

"I'm sorry." Taeyong whispered, walking into Jaehyun's arms to welcome a warm embrace. Nothing was more soothing than this.

"Why don't you put the kettle on? Get it ready for Mr Hwang?" Jaehyun suggested, Taeyong nodded and headed to the kitchen.

Just when his nerves were about to settle, the sound of the elevator dinged and a few knocks were pressed against the black door.

"He's here! Oh god he's here!" Taeyong squealed in panic, running over to the door only to be stopped by Jaehyun.

"Let me handle it before you hurt yourself." He firmly spoke, pointing back to the kitchen. The older frowned, squinting his eyes before letting the younger take the door.

Jaehyun had enough of his antics. All day yesterday he was stressing for the inspection today.

The taller approached the door and opened it slightly, giving a dimpled smile to the older male who stood behind the door dressed in a beige suit with a red tie.

"Mr Hwang, just in time. Come in, come in." Jaehyun greeted, opening the door wider for the inspector to step inside before closing the door.

"Can I offer you a tea, coffee?" Jaehyun asked, seeing Taeyong walk around the corner and giving a handshake to Mr Hwang.

"Hello Mr Lee, and yes. A tea would be lovely, white with no sugar please." Taeyong nodded and went back to the kitchen as Jaehyun guided him to the table.

"Mr Jung, was it?" Mr Hwang started as he sat down at the table, glancing at the two boys that sat on the sofa watching TV, every now and again giving curious glances.

"Please, call me Jaehyun."

"Ah yes, the partner. How is life with Mr Lee and the two children? I recently saw the news about the whole ordeal within your cafe." He began, making Taeyong's heart sink.