[ 35 ]

The holiday trip to Connecticut was enjoyed, and everyone came back with smiles on their faces, and even promised to stay in touch more often.

After showing their mom how to work FaceTime, they made a routine to call often and check up on each other.

"When do you think Doyoung will come back?" Jaehyun asks, dragging in all the suitcases as Taeyong walked in the penthouse hands free.

The older shrugged, "I have no idea. Oh- would you like some help with that?"

Jaehyun frowned, placing all the suitcases on the floor, "Well, a little late to offer now isn't it?"

"Aw, look at my strong man carrying all the heavy things." Taeyong cooed, cupping Jaehyun's face and pecking his nose.

The taller cleared his throat, "I mean. It was nothing, I didn't need help."

Taeyong skipped off to the kitchen, pulling Jaehyun by his large hand to the dining table, sitting him down before taking a seat beside him.

"I have a proposal," he began, the taller looked at him skeptically as the red head slid a book over to him and opened it to a specific page, "Let's get a house!"

Jaehyun's eyes widened as he glanced at the older before looking down at the page.

"Are we ready for that?"

Taeyong nodded, "This house is more than affordable, cheaper than this penthouse but larger too. It's a 10 minute walk from their school, a 30 minute drive to Jungwoo's house and a 20 minute drive to your work. It doesn't change for me with work so that doesn't matter. But look at the house Jae! What do you think?"

"Five bedrooms? Two bathrooms, big kitchen, a twelve seated dining table... do we need that?" The taller continued to read the pages, "But there's a lovely garden, big enough to put a slide and swings, maybe a trampoline... it's perfect."

Taeyong's eyes lit up as Jaehyun nodded, giving him his confident, dashing dimpled smile, "You really think so?"

"Yeah. I think the placement is perfect, the boys would be closer to Chenle since they already go to the same school as him. It would be silly to pass this opportunity."

The red head was overwhelmed. It's all that's he's ever dreamed about. A big house, a family of his own and someone that can love him like no other.

He had everything he needs.

Taeyong rose and wrapped his arms around Jaehyun before excitedly calling the boys from their bedroom.

"Jaemin! Jisung! Come to me and Daddy at the table."

Short after, the boys walked out their room and awkwardly stood before them, eventually taking a seat.

"What is it Papa?" Jaemin asked, fidgeting with his hands.

Taeyong crouched down before them, Jaehyun stood behind with his hands resting upon the older's shoulders, "How would you feel if we got a house to live in?"

Jaemin's eyes rose to his Dad's, "All of us together? Right?"

"Of course!" Taeyong assured, resting his ringed hand upon one of Jaehyun's, "We will all live together as one big family."