The Beast

"He smiled, and his face was like the sun."

I checked my surroundings and then after quicken my speed

I checked my surroundings and then after quicken my speed. I knew even though I was scared I would fight a battle if need be. I was raised like that, to never scuffing my nails unless I had too. Doing it in sopping wet clothes and a sickening temperature didn't seem as fun though. It was still light out but it the tall trees dimmed the sun till there wasn't much to see. I stopped my second thinking and just followed the road home.

I was getting that annoying feeling, something lurking in behind me all the way home till I finally snapped and and screamed out, "If you want to follow me home, be ready for the 12 gage and angry southern grandpa that's waiting at the door!"

Silence. I hate creepy people and I hate people that hide but if this person needed to do that I didn't care. I was going home. I made it all the way to my front door taking one look back to show a middle finger and that I wasn't scared to none and when I did I seen something I couldn't make up: A wolf. Not just any wolf a giant russet brown wolf.

"Hello." Like a complete lunatic, I said hello to the giant sized wolf.

I thought about that wolf for the rest of the night it was the connection I was feeling towards it. Being drawn towards such a creature made no sense to me. I even looked up why it would be that big of a wolf and words like "werewolf" "Lycanthrope" popped up but I brushed that thought. Fairytales weren't real I knew that from age 9 when my cousin Jade told me about there being no man to save Snow White in the middle of the forest. But she did tell me something better, snow white saved herself and that gave her the ending she needed not the ending she wanted.

I seemed to not enjoy sleeping as much as I thought because this morning I woke up at 4:30 and thought going for a run would suit me better than sleep I knew I needed. Today was the first day of school at Forks High School.

"Hey Ronny." I say walking down the stairs in my pj's. He gleams up at me, a handsome smile taking over his aged face.

"Good your awake, we're going to the diner in La Push for breakfast."

"Okay, can I get 15? I gotta shower and stuff for school."

I got dressed in a simple but eye catching outfit. Something for the first day new girl to impress people like I was always taught to do. I wore a cropped white button up sweater with high waisted bootcut jeans and my tall brown boots. My dark hair naturally straight cascaded just below my shoulders.I put on the golden necklace my mother left me with the waves of the ocean carved into it and my brown tote back for my notebooks.

My car finally made it's way here it was a Jeep Wrangler with my favorite color black glossed over it and I absolutely adored it. I followed Ronny into town, taking notice of all of the miles of forest we pass through. I knew this was the way towards La Push, taking notice of the brown wooden cabins that looked to be peoples homes.