Chapter 25✓

~When everything feels too good, something bad lurks in the shadows~

  •••

     "Woah, you're really talented at everything, Jungkook! I'm usually not easy to impress, but you really know how!" Joshua says excitedly, looking at the photos again, in the bunny boy's photo camera.

    Jungkook smiles shyly, then looks at his turn, in in Joshua's camera. After taking more than twenty pictures, they managed to choose ten made by each, and then delete the rest, so as not to get confused. The project was about "The soul that lives in nature", about the portrayal of a human soul, in the image created by nature. So they both began to take pictures of the sky, the clouds, the sun, trees, leaves, grass, but also of animals, children and many other elements closely related to the natural landscape. And as they are at the beginning of the autumn season, they managed to capture wonderfully everything they were looking for. "The soul of their landscape" cries out in despair, melancholy, but also joy. And that's what both boys liked. They were able to report their feelings very well.

     "Your pictures are extremely successful as well. Especially the ones with the sky and the stones near the fountain. I really like the light, but also the shadows, I can see very easy that you have a lot of talent. " Jungkook says later, and the other just smiles, then carefully place the bunny boy's camera on the bench.

      "Yeah, well... the truth is that I wanted to be more successful on the photography side, not the drawing side. However, I couldn't afford to take any extra courses for photography, and because I also have some talent in drawing, I think it prompted me to choose the other option." the older one admits, and the younger one looks at him amazed, yet in the same time, somehow sad, because yeah, Joshua is really a good guy, and now, one of his friends.

     They only had the project from four days ago, but they managed to finish it almost. The practical part is already completed, and now they just have to draw up a report about each picture in the part, to complete the theoretical part. It is said that friends come really hard, but Jungkook does not agree, at least not after spending some days with Joshua. He knew him beforehand, heck, they've been classmates for more than two years, but they didn't talk much, at least not until they started working on the project together. He's really nice, he knows how to joke and how to cheer you up, and the bunny boy doesn't understand why Taehyung always seems irritated when it comes to him.

     "Seriously? But your parents ... couldn't help you? " Jungkook asks in a lower voice, but hopes he didn't say something completely wrong.

     Joshua seems to become a little more stiff, but he doesn't lose his smile. Then he slowly looks at Jungkook, and the bunny boy leaves the camera on the bench, next to his own. A few seconds pass, and then the older boy decides to talk.

      "I... I am gay." he says and expects Jungkook to change his expression, but he remains as interested as before. "Ăăm... I've had to support myself for about four years. It was very hard at first, but I got used to it quickly. I found a lot of jobs, and I tried to save money too, and then I managed to get back into college. That's why I'm a year older than most of our classmates. I had to take a break for a year, but I didn't want to give up altogether. " he finishes and notices that Jungkook is looking at him with sad eyes.

      "I am so sorry, Joshua hyung. I shouldn't have asked that. " the other says, just giggle, because the bunny boy looks even cuter when he panics.

     "Don't worry, I'm not too upset talking about this now. Although I have to admit, you are one of the few people who know this. " he says and the younger boy smiles weakly, then touches his shoulder in a friendly way.