⚠️Drowning - 6

Warning : death/drowning

   Pitch left Jack locked up in his cell for some time after his punishment to let him heal. But while his body was left all alone, his mind was forced into yet another nightmare. Compared to all the previous nightmares, this one took the cake.

Jack woke from the darkness once again to feel himself falling. He had no time to take in his surroundings as his entire body slipped underwater. He knew now what was happening. Pitch was making his relive his death and using it as a reminder to his earlier punishment. He felt the freezing water fill his lungs as they burned for air but this time he was frozen. He could not move and it was as if time had come to a stop. He could still feel the water drowning in his lungs but he wouldn't die. He was stuck like this for hours on end before time rewound and threw him out of the water only to repeat.

He could hear Pitch's laughter from afar all around but couldn't see him anywhere. He was still in the cycle of frozen death and life beforehand until Pitch felt satisfied by the fear he felt. He knew Pitch was using him for fear to grow stronger and he could feel the power radiating off him whenever he decided to grace Jack with his presence.

   He honestly didn't know which was worse! Being drowned in scalding hot water weakened him greatly and the constant burn on his skin was torture. Every time he was brought up for air made it worse as the dunk only increased the burning of his lungs and skin. His skin became raw and extremely red from the burns. Movement of any kind was followed by pain and not moving was almost just as bad.

   On the other hand being killed by your own element is traumatizing! The one thing that always brought him comfort before his capture was being used against him. He no longer held control over it and slowly felt himself dying the way he had seen so many others pass in the cold. Only it was oddly peaceful in a way. The feeling of needles stabbing your body as you freeze is agonizing but only numb all you can do is wait. The water is truly beautiful to the thought of death that follows leaves him feeling empty again.

Eventually, the nightmare came to an end but he could still only see darkness as Pitch wouldn't take any chances of anyone finding out about Jack meaning not even getting high barred windows. Jack was alone. He was cold. He was tired. He wanted to go home. But the problem was he didn't have a home to go to. No one was looking for him and he had lost hope. No one cared and this was his new "home".

   He had never been accepted and the only person even close to doing so was his kidnapper. He could see the emotions of only wanted to be wanted in his eyes and didn't truly hate the man. He was terrified of him, make no mistake, but held no hate. At least the man had his nightmares for company. Jack truly had no one without his staff or the wind by his side...

Edited October 13, 2022