Christmas reunion - 26

Jack had lost track of how long he had lived with his new family but he didn't care. It was the first Christmas in 100 some old years that he finally got to celebrate and no longer be alone! North had invited him to help deliver presents and Jack was practically bouncing with excitement. It was one of the things he could only have dreamed of in the past and now he was living out his dreams!

The entire night was non stop fun and Jack could already picture the joy and wonder on all the kid's faces when they opened their gifts. By the time they began to return home, Jack had eaten so many cookies, the sugar made him crash. Not even Tooth could be upset over the risk of a cavity as she could see how happy Jack was. North had an arm wrapped arm his little frame to make sure he didn't fall and had a huge smile on his face. His son was finally happy and he was going to make sure he stayed safe. Bunny, on the other hand, just couldn't wait to get back on solid ground.

As North pulled his sleigh into the stables, he let Jack sleep. The Yetis helped him unhook the reindeer and made sure they were all well fed for their hard work. Tired and ready for bed, North grabbed Jack and began to carry him to bed. However, his little boy was quick to cling on and didn't seem to let go any time soon. So North let out a chuckle and made his way to his room/office instead.

However, when he walked in, he was not expecting to see a tearful Mother Nature. The poor mother was distraught. She hadn't seen her little snowflake in two years and had come to North to ask if he had seen any sign or heard any news about where he could be. You can imagine her surprise when the man she was waiting for walked in with her missing baby boy.

Mother Nature rushes to him and kisses her child's face. North smiles at the pair and she smiles back feeling overjoyed. "Where on Earth was he!? Is he okay? Did someone hurt him? He isn't sick or anything is h-" North cut her off before the worried mother's rambling sped up any more. He quickly reassured her that the boy was fine and sat her down before explaining Jack had been with them recovering from all Pitch had done to him.

During this, Jack continued to sleep and halfway through had gone from his "adopted father" to his mother. He subconsciously recognized his mother and happily snuggled into her with a happy sigh. She rubbed his back and hugged him as to reassure herself he was really there. By the end of North's explanation, Mother Nature was furious with the man she had once considered a brother and begged him for a day to reconnect with her son. Once promising to let him return the next night for presents she was on her way home with her son safe and sound.

Edited October 22, 2022