Lewis ~ Who's laughing now

Ava Max - Who's Laughing Now

Never had I ever expected that our relationship would take such a turn. That he would change into the worst. Never expected that his words would feel like a razor.

Lewis and I always kept our relationship secret. He wanted to keep me away from all the hate on social media, the press always gossiping about us, and most of all the pressure that comes with being the girlfriend of the seven-time world champion. But as my brother, George Russell, got more attention, so did I, and my relationship with Lewis, so we decided it would be time to let the world know our secret.

After he got his 8th title, all of what we were changed. He changed. I guess the pressure that fell of his shoulders revealed his real personality. He snapped at me, started arguments about literally nothing, paid little attention to me. There was no need to try and have a conversation with him about it because every time I tried to bring it up, he shoved it away. At last, I was done and ended things between us.

It seemed as if our breakup was the talk of the century. Everyone knew of it. Interviewers tried to get some information from Lewis, but he always knew to change the subject. He never even mentioned me. But I didn't give anything about it. I came back stronger.

I stepped into the pitlane and immediately felt all eyes on me. I also felt his eyes on me. I turned my head to his Mercedes pitbox, to where he was standing, and saw him staring with wide eyes and mouth agape. I checked him out from head to toe. He looked so good, his black team apparel accentuating his beautiful bronzed skin, his hair neatly tied into a bun. Don't think about that, I thought and turned by head away from him.

"Lil sis!" I heard George call from his Mercedes pitbox. I walked towards him and indulged him into a hug. "Good to see you" he said, smiling. I nodded and chuckled "weird to be back though."

A little while later, George and I left his pitbox and went towards the Mercedes hospitality. Right in front of the stairs of the hospitality, I heard someone call out my name. I turned around and was met by Lewis. Shock flooded through me, but I quickly recovered myself. I stood up straighter, chin up slightly, and a sweet smile on my face. Confident.

"Can we talk for a second?" Lewis asked me and eyed to George. I turned my head towards George and nodded. He walked into the hospitality, leaving us be. Lewis took ahold of one of my arms and looked me straight into my eyes. "I miss you" he confessed, pain in his eyes. He can't be serious, I thought to myself.

"So lonely in your bed..." I chuckled. "Did breaking me make you feel good?" His expression changed from sad to embarrassed, with a hint of shock, eyes once again wide. Guess he didn't expect that. He stood speechless in front of me. "I-I'm sorry.. What?" he stammered, his brows furrowed slightly.

"Guess you don't understand.. What goes around comes back around." With that said, I winked at him and turned around, walking up the stairs, leaving him baffled.