Lewis ~ You know me too well

Nothing But Thieves - You Know Me Too Well

1:32 AM

"I can't sleep" she told me over the phone. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. I understood, in the sticky summer weather it's really hard to sleep. "I could come over, help forget it all" I said, hearing her chuckle in response. "You know me too well" she answered. I ended the call and made my way over to her hotel room.

I should feel bad, but I didn't. I just can't help myself. I want to give my all to her, I want her all to myself even though she makes me feel so cheap when we're together.

1:40 AM

I knock on her door, and it opens just seconds later. She indeed looked like the heat was suffocating her. She was wearing a small, loose nightdress, her skin glowing of sweat. I walked in and closed the door behind me before anyone could see us together. As soon as the door was closed, she locked her lips with mine and dragged me over to her bed.

I always leave in the night because she doesn't like to see me in the daylight. Maybe she's right, it isn't the best position we're in now. First, it was accidental. The second time, it was just a coincidence. All the other times that followed weren't any of that. We knew exactly what we were doing.

3:11 AM

The lock of my hotel door beeped as I unlocked it with my card. I kicked my shoes in the corner of my room, removed my shirt, and plopped down onto my bed. A sigh escaped my lips as I closed my eyes, covering my face with both hands.

I realized, in the end, I got my own two hands clenched around my neck.