9. saperavi

"Why should I?" She repeated, leaning back in her seat.

UHHH

IM HOT AND FUNNY FOR STARTERS

DO YOU NEED MORE?

"Neither of us like my father-"

so uhm <3 maybe we partner up to give him some (A LOT) of grief

"Right- I'm sure I piss him off enough without helping his daughter- why should I help you."

"You're my last option," I muttered my voice barely over a whisper.

"There are plenty of other people who could help you- your two friends are both powerful."

true- but neither of them have succeeded as heir yet

THAT'S ALSO BESIDE THE POINT

IF I ASK FOR ANYTHING FROM THEM THEY'LL HOLD IT OVER ME FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE

"I'll help you with paperwork- and-" I hesitated, "there's this new project that my father has been working on, he's in his study all the time so I'm not totally sure what it is but-"

"That's enough," Ymir frowned, seemingly disappointed, "I'm not interested in stealing an idea from your father, I asked what you could do for me."

im not-

"I-"

im educated- i took all the same classes as my brother before he left for boarding school

but-

is that enough?

"You?"

"I'll marry you?"

"You'll what?" She laughed loudly, shaking her head.

"WHAT ?? I CAN'T HELP MUCH WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS- BUT I THINK I'M ATTRACTIVE ENOUGH."

DIDN'T YOU SAY THAT YOURSELF ??

UNLESS ??

SHE HAS A PARTNER ???

"You could've just started with that- what's with you rich types and jumping straight to marriage?"

...

"Do you get a lot of proposals?"

"Why are you jealous?" She teased, "you'll have to get in line for that one too."

WHATEVER .

YOU'RE HOT BUT

I'M NOT DOING THIS TO ENTER A RELATIONSHIP

"Listen- this really is my last chance."

"I'll-" she paused, thinking over it. "Are you sure you don't just want to run away? It would be easier than anything I would have you do."

absolutely not

"Running away would be like giving up."

he would catch me anyway

"You have an attitude I'll give you that," Ymir sighed loudly- taking the paper I was working on from the desk. "I'd feel like an ass if I didn't give you a chance."

does this mean?

"Don't get your hopes up- you've got a week- until then consider this an unofficial deal. I don't just enter partnerships with people who haven't proven themselves."

"Can I ask you something?" I glanced over at her, watching her expression. "Why didn't you accept my proposal?"

SORRY I JUST NEED TO KNOW

"You want to prove something to your father- not kill him right?"

i mean-

i guess-

sure let's go with that <3

"No- well I'd rather he'd realize that he's wrong by himself and I'm not interested in revenge."

BUT I'M NOT OPPOSED TO GIVING THE OLD MAN A SCARE

"That's what I thought, and-" she paused, giving me a once over, "-you're cute but I'm not about to marry someone I just met. Who do you take me for?"

idk my wife or something

"It just isn't often that I'm being turned down for a proposal like that-"

"I would hate to steal you away from all your suitors," Ymir laughed, "perhaps one of them could sponsor you instead."

"ABSOLUTELY NOT."

THEY DON'T EXIST I'M BLUFFING

"Alright, focus on the paperwork then- I'm trusting you."

IM NOT GOING TO GO BEHIND YOUR BACK

"You aren't staying?" I asked, watching as she reached for her jacket, standing up.

EVERYONE KEEPS ON LEAVING ME .

"You're doing my paperwork right? I'm not going to waste my time stuck inside- don't regret agreeing to this."

LISTEN I DON'T HAVE ANY OTHER CHOICE

"Alright- what should I do once I finish?"

it's a lot of work but i won't be in here for that long at the rate i've been going

"Find a way to keep yourself busy until I get back," she waved goodbye and exited the room.

that was-

A LOT

she's nothing like i thought she would be-

"She's really in there?" I heard muffled voices talking from outside the door as I set myself back to my work.

"That girl went in with the Captain and never left-"

WHAT DO THEY THINK HAPPENED

"What are you even talking about?" A third voice entered the conversation.

"The Captain was meeting with the merchant's daughter from last night-"

i feel like i shouldn't be listening to this

it's a bit of an ego boost tho

<33

"If you're curious about it go in and check," someone goaded the others.

NO NO PLEASE DON'T

"Absolutely not."

THANK YOU

"What? Are you scared of getting in trouble?"

"I'm scared of finding a dead body."

THEY WHAT

IM ALIVE I THINK

DOES YMIR KILL PEOPLE IN HER OFFICE ??? OFTEN ??

I glanced around the room, scanning the floor for any suspicious stains.

EVERYTHING LOOKS FINE

"Coward."

"Shut up-" I watched as the door handle began to turn, "-see I-"

WHY

I locked eyes with a group of three people.

__________________

it's becoming the time of year where the sun sets at 3:30 and i start listening to the angsty phoebe bridgers christmas album </3 

on the plus side my fall break starts on the 24th <3

hope u guys r all doing well!

- awemi