59. tavel

"We just confessed to each other why are you leading me to a bar?"

"I want to get day drunk to celebrate," Ymir hummed, her hand warm in mine. "I don't have any other plans for today, do you?"

"Well- there's a whole host of things that need to get done- I just haven't taken the time to think about the order."

"So basically what you're saying is that if I let you go you're just going to lock yourself away in my office?"

"Pretty much- unless you have better plans."

"Oh I have plenty of plans," she chuckled- "and all of them start with getting day drunk and end in bed."

"What about the in-between?"

"I imagine we'll figure that part out as we go."

"Well I'm starved."

"Let's go get tipsy."

"You get tipsy I'll babysit," I nodded, letting her lead the way.

"All of my plans involve both of us getting tipsy, stumbling our way up into a shitty hotel room and disappearing for a couple hours."

"Oh?"

"I may or may not have gotten very drunk last night and thought about it."

"I say we skip the first part and find somewhere private- your crew is going to immediately know what happened if we both stumble aboard later in the evening."

"You seem to think that I don't want them to know," she paused, looking me over, "your wish is my command- let's skip right to it."

"To the nearest shitty hotel room?"

"To the nearest shitty hotel room."

"I don't know why it took us so long to do that-'' several hours had passed since the two of us had stumbled back into Hannes's bar- Ymir dragging me past patrons and into a dingy room.

"Well I was kinda worried that you had feelings for other people."

"We should've done it way sooner- you could've learned how I felt in a different way."

"Gross stop-"

"I'm only half serious."

"You know what you've gotten yourself into don't you?" I glanced up at her, the light streaming in from a nearby window caught in her eyes. "I'm going to be jealous and anxious and now it's all your problem."

"It was always my problem-" she paused, grabbing my hand in hers, "besides, your jealousy feels good."

"Well that makes one of us- I feel awful."

top ten worst feelings

"Don't," Ymir flicked my forehead. "I'm not going anywhere."

"That's not true."

"I'll just have to drag you along with me- that's a promise."

i like it- these promises

you don't have any assurance that they'll remain true

the world points in other directions

and yet

with the amount of confidence that she has in these promises i can't help but begin to believe them

"Well don't go quiet on me- it's scary," she shifted in bed.

"Can a woman think for a second?"

"Recently whenever you start thinking about something it leads to you being unhappy- I'm worried about you."

"I'm just thinking about what happens when I go back home."

"Do you have to?" Ymir pouted.

"I have to- but-"

if we both care enough i'm sure-

"But?"

"Don't you want a port to come back to?"

"That sounds nice, are you extending an offer?"

"Hopefully- if everything works out then hopefully."

at the very least i have a couple points to prove to levi and erwin

i want to show her off a bit

i deserve at least that

"We should hurry back then, I want to have a say in the house hunt before I have to set off again."

"When's that?"

"Well-" Ymir had a faraway look in her eyes, "I hoped to help you set up shop before I left again, that's the least I can do."

"You've already done so much for me."

"Let me rephrase- I wanted to do that," she winked at me. "It's an honor to be of service to a lady like you."

"When you do leave will you do your best to come right back?"

"Your wish is my command."

"The princely act suits you- I like it almost as much as the unruly pirate," I poked her nose, smiling at the way her face scrunched up.

"I don't think anyone wants me leading a nation."

"I don't know- if I was convinced to follow you I don't think it would be that difficult to have a kingdom of devotees."

"You're more of a leader than I am," I frowned up at her after that comment. "Don't look at me like that-"

"You know it's a good thing you aren't a prince- I don't think I could stop my jealousy."

"I'll have to become a hermit then- that way no one will touch me."

"Don't do that either- I like you just fine as the Captain."

"The sea really does suit me doesn't it," she chuckled, "our house should be by the water."

"I'll sit by the window and pine for you," I rolled my eyes at her, "that sounds nice."

"Now that we've planned the rest of our lives together you really can't run away again- I want our plans to become reality."

"I hope so."

"Don't just hope- believe."

"Alright."

"Have a little bit more faith in me- have some faith in us- and everything will be ok."

"I hope so."

"I know so," Ymir shot me a reassuring smile. "Enough of all this- we have a little bit more time before my crew starts looking for us- let's make the most of it."

"And what does that entail?"

"A lot more of what we've been doing," her lips captured mine in a kiss.

______________

good luck to everyone heading into finals week- im suffering right beside you <3

- ami