29. aglianico

"Wow," I murmured to myself looking out at the unfamiliar port we were docked in.

i've never been this far from home

i've never seen a place that looks like this

i love it

"Are you done gawking?" Ymir came up from behind me, leaning against the edge of the deck.

NO NOT YET

"Give me a minute," I frowned, turning away from the coastline to look at the expansive ocean. "It's so pretty."

"You've lived by the ocean your entire life, this shouldn't be anything new," she chuckled.

YES BUT-

"Oh shut up, it's different, I've never seen this ocean before."

"It's just down the coast from you but yeah."

SHUT UP

FOR STORY REASONS THIS SHOULD BE A BIG DEAL AND YOU'RE MAKING IT ANTICLIMACTIC

!!!

"Do you come here often?" I turned around to face her, glancing up at the sprawling coastal city.

why am i asking that the answer is probably yes-

"For supplies, and the occasional drink the bars here are a favorite amongst the crew but-" she hesitated looking around cautiously. "It's a lawless place, be careful."

lawless? it looks perfectly normal?

"Oh Y/N!" Historia called out to me before I could question Ymir some more.

HELLO SWEET ANGEL

"Historia," I gave her a wave, moving to sit next to where Ymir was standing. "I never got to thank you after you had that conversation with my Father, thank you, seriously."

"Oh, that?" She beamed back at me, "don't worry about it, our Captain was worried how could I not."

you know-

i have a sneaking suspicion that there might be something happening between the two of them

and if that's the case-

"Don't say that Historia," Ymir pouted slightly, turning away from me.

i should really stop flirting w/ her

"She's embarrassed but it's true," Historia whispered to me, before walking to sit on the other side of Ymir. "So? What's the plan, we'll be finished restocking in a day or two, will we be heading out?"

where??

"Where would we go?" I leaned over, following her gaze out to sea.

"Wherever," Ymir sighed, stretching. "Not like we have a job to get to."

oh

"You don't?"

i kinda assumed that you had somewhere to go, or at the very least had some sort of goal.

"We go wherever there's money," Historia laughed lightly, "and we kinda got chased out of town so there hasn't been enough time to pick up a new job."

WELL THAT MAKES ME FEEL BAD

"Sorry about that."

"Don't apologize," Ymir cut me off before I could say anything else. "Our lack of a job is a blessing, I have the time to help you beat up that asshole you call your father."

i guess you're right

"Besides, it's personal, one of those men managed to land a hit on me on the way out."

i wonder if those men know that they're going to die

"Are you expecting me to pay you because-"

"You can compensate me in other ways."

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT ...

ALSO HISTORIA IS RIGHT HERE

WHAT ARE YOU DOING

"Stop teasing her," Historia frowned slightly, shaking her head at Ymir. "You're going to scare Y/N off and then who's going to do your paperwork."

oh really that isn't a problem at all

BUT THANKS HISTORIA

I LIKE YOU THE MOST

"Are all of you slacking off over here?" Hitch came up from behind me, startling me.

GIVE SOME SORT OF WARNING

"How could I possibly be slacking off, I'm your superior," Ymir rolled her eyes.

i mean you can still slack off

"Sounds like slacking off to me," Jean walked by, dropping a heavy crate onto the deck. "Don't mind if I join."

oh wow it's a party now

"Who said you could join?" Ymir grumbled but didn't make any moves to make him go away.

she's kinda soft

"Are you alright?" Jean looked up at me, reaching for a flask at his side.

i don't want to know what's in that-

"I'm fine, thank you for asking," I couldn't help but continue to look around as we spoke. "It's really pretty here."

"Eh it gets old after the third or fourth time," Jean shrugged, taking a long drink from his flask before passing it off to Hitch who smelled it and frowned.

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S IN THAT

"Don't tell her that," Armin walked over to join our small group, holding a bundle of papers in his arms.

MAPS ??

"What? It's the truth!" Jean muttered his response.

luckily i have at least two more trips here before that happens

"You guys spend most of your time out at sea right?" I glanced around our small group.

i can't imagine that the scenery out there is particularly interesting either

"Trust me it's better for everyone on land that way," Hitch chuckled. "I feel bad for the towns we stay in for longer than a week."

im just going to go ahead and assume that jean and eren are the problem and the rest of you are just bystanders

"Hey! I'm not the problem," Eren called out, walking aboard the ship with Mikasa.

oh wow <3 he confirmed it

"You and Jean can keep believing that," Mikasa deadpanned, walking over to stand next to Armin.

love u mikasa

"I NEVER SAID ANYTHING!" Jean stood up in protest, "YOU ALWAYS RUIN THINGS FOR ME EREN-"

"WHAT DID I RUIN?"

i love this group of people

_____________

my spring break has started! i hope yall r doing well <333