21. douce noir

"Set your things here for now," Ymir pointed to a space in the corner of her office, "tomorrow we'll go purchase everything you'll need, for now you'll have to be slightly uncomfortable."

"That isn't an issue."

are you sure we should just go out tomorrow ????

that feels a little-

dumb? cocky? ill-advised?

"Sleep in my room tonight, Jean and Eren will pick up bedding for you tomorrow," Ymir pushed the door open to her room and stepped through.

should i give her a second to tidy up or just follow right through-

screw it

im curious about her room

"It's-" I was slightly disappointed by the sight within, the room was plainly decorated, no paintings hung on the wall, the books that filled her office were nowhere to be seen. The only furniture was an unmade bed and a dresser, two swords leaned up against the wall and various articles of clothing laid in random corners of the room.

oh

"Well don't just stand there gawking."

it's underwhelming

"I thought it would look more," I trailed off glancing back at the heavily decorated office.

more like that

on second thought-

no one ever said that ymir decorated that room

"Not like I'm ever in this place when it's light out," she hummed, picking up on my disappointment. "Rest, you seem tired."

i am tired-

"Where are you going to sleep?" I glanced around the room. "If I'm taking your bed, where are you going to go?"

what kind of bad fanfi-

"Huh? In my bed obviously, there's enough room for both of us."

WHHWHWHWWHWH

IM SURE THAT ISN'T AN ISSUE FOR YOU BUT

YOU'RE A PRETTY LADY AND IM .

HOLD ON Y/N

HOLDING ??

when will you ever get this chance again? for all you know you'll be dragged away by your father tomorrow and forced to marry reiner right away.

you've convinced me

"Right now?" I eyed Ymir as she picked a few discarded pieces of clothing off of the floor, walking towards her dresser.

"Are you crazy?"

HUH ???

"Don't look at me like that-" Ymir's voice filled with confusion and disgust, "you've gotta change out of that stuffy dress- did you seriously think I'd let you sleep in that?"

HUH ????

"I read you totally wrong," I muttered under my breath, reaching out to grab the clothes she offered.

i thought that- nevermind

"Turn," Ymir pointed towards the wall, "I'm changing."

oh

"I'll just leave the room, I can change in your office while you're doing this," I stood up to leave, only to be met with a small grumble of protest.

DO YOU WANT ME TO WATCH ???

"Unless you wanted me in here?"

.........

"I was looking forward to teasing you about it," Ymir grumbled under her breath.

HUH ??

"What was that?"

"Absolutely nothing, leave me alone," she pushed me out into the office, promptly shutting the door in my face.

WHAT ???

"You're acting so weird," I sighed to myself.

"No."

"You're getting less cool by the second."

i was kinda impressed w/ her but now she's just acting ???

LIKE A DOG ???

AND FOR WHAT

"I'm coming back in!" I called out, standing in front of the closed door in Ymir's clothing.

it's a bit-

well i don't think i've ever worn something like this in front of someone

i don't even want to begin thinking what these clothes have been through

Both the oversized shirt Ymir had given me and the loose pants were littered with stains in all manner of places, what they lacked in style they made up for in comfort, the material was soft and expensive. Not that you would know that from how they looked.

"What's wrong princess? Are you uncomfortable?" I jumped back, startled by how close Ymir was to me.

"No- it's uh-comfortable-"

i've never worn clothing like this before

"Good," Ymir gave me a once over, "you look good like this, it's different."

oh-

"Really?"

i mean it's comfortable but it's-

"Yeah, you look more relaxed, probably feels better than a stuffy dress."

well-

"You know I actually like my 'stuffy dresses,'" I murmured, pushing past Ymir to get to the bed. "You would look cute in one, if you're up for it we could go get you fitted."

although i think she would look best in a suit

TBH EVERYONE LOOKS GOOD IN SUITS

IMAGINE HISTORIA IN ONE

I WOULD KISS HER

that isn't even impressive i would kiss her normally </3

"You like the dresses?"

"Not everything I do is forced onto me by my father or some ridiculous gender role, I like my clothes, I pick them out myself," I paused. "Although you're right that I've never worn something like this before, I guess I-"

is that insensitive???

"You?"

"I've never had the option to wear your laundry, I like it though, it's comfortable."

really the ideal situation would be a combination of the two

"Ok, go to bed," Ymir's expression soured slightly, "in the morning we'll go get you something to wear, I don't mind if you- nevermind."

"Huh?"

"Go to bed," she ficked my forehead, blowing out the lantern.

"Ymir? Are you coming to bed?" I called out, finally getting comfortable.

"In a minute, what are you my wife?"

"You don't sound mad about that."

"You're tired."

sure

_____________________

y/n and ymir being awkward and confused around each other part 104

- amiiii