Chapter 4- Twerking

Ain't it fun?
Living in the real world
Ain't it good?
- Ain't it Fun • Paramore

• - - •

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Waking up inside of the castle was an entirely new experience for Henry O'Connor. Growing up, she'd shared a room with Victor, one of her older brother, but this was something completely new. These, for the most part, were strangers, but still it was fun.

It was still dark, and though her back ached, Henry smiled to herself. She wrapped her body in the jackets offered to her the day before, and realised that she wasn't the only one awake. Kadeena and Frankie were stood around Louise's bed, whispering to themselves, and laughing.

"Henry..." Frankie whispered, calling over the actress, who's ears had perked up. "Henry..."

"I'm coming." She replied, stepping over, smiling still.

——— ——— ———

"Ya know what, I didn't think that I'd like any of this." Henry confessed. "I never understood how you could get so close to people in such a little amount of time- but you really do."

——— ——— ———

"How did you sleep?" Louise questioned the girl.

"Wasn't too bad actually." Henry replied, leaning against a stone wall, and grinning. "How were you guys?"

"Really not awful." Frankie grinned.

Kadeena then said. "Yeah, I'm quite surprised. It was bearable."

"Ooh, looks who's awake." Louise grinned, nodding her head towards the only man in camp. Matty's eyes were fluttering open, trying to adjust to the darkness of the room, and quickly noticed his other camp mates were over on the other side.

"Matty, y'alright?" Questioned Henry, stepping across the stone floor, red socks slipping a little as she did.

"Yeah, yeah. Yourself?" Small talk was painful for Henry, with anyone, but it was so early in the morning that she didn't mind too much.

"It was good." She sat herself on the edge of his bed as he woke up. "Weird, but good."

"Yeah, I know whatcha mean." He sat up a bit, balancing his upper body weight on his arms, and looking at Henry with a grin. "D'ya want a cuppa?"

"Of what?"

"Hot water, I guess." The diver said, and the short haired woman bared a toothy smile.

"Alright, then." Henry nodded. "D'ya want some help?" She asked as Matty got out of bed, shivering at the cold.

"I'd like the company." He admitted.

So, after Matty had gotten himself up, and into many layers, the two had walked outside to the fire. It had already been lit, as someone must have left it on the night before, and so the man began to put some water onto boil. They sat beside one another, waiting, and once it had, he poured everyone a cup of hot water. It was odd, but nice.