Chapter 20- Boyfriend

And the darkness inside you
Can make you feel so small
But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors
True colors are beautiful
- True Colours • All Time Low

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟷
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

After Ant and Dec made their daily visit, it was announced that Frankie would be doing trial. Not only her, but unsurprisingly, Naughty Boy was with her. The celebrities did their usual send off for the campers, however, Henry still held resentment towards Naughty Boy for their predicament earlier.

In that time, the girls decided they would wash their hair. Henry had showered the day before, but her hair was a mess. So, with the help of the girls she managed to get all of the grease and dirt out.

"Are you alright?" Arlene asked Henry as the young girl sat on the floor, drying her hair as the others continued to pump the water for Frankie.

"Not really." The actress admitted.

"Tell me what's happened."

Henry shook her head. "I don't want to upset you."

Arlene held a kind smile, a loving one. "Why would it upset me?"

"Cos you and Naughty are close."

"Yes, but me and you are too. If he's done something to upset you then it's worth talking about."

"Oh, what's happened?" Louise asked, concerned.

"Naughty has done something." Arlene filled in all she knew.

"It's not a big deal." Henry promised. "Really. He just brought up how he wasn't there for the conversation about Emily, and it's just the way he talked about her. I didn't like it."

The newsreader queried. "How did he say it?"

"Like she was an object."

"I'm sure he didn't mean to." Frankie smiled weakly.

"I know, but I'm not apologising to him." Henry explained to them. "She means to much for me to let it go."

——— ——— ———

"Maybe our argument was bad, maybe it wasn't." Henry said. "But I refuse to say sorry. I didn't do anything wrong."

——— ——— ———

There was little to do in the Castle most days, especially when no one was in the mood to play one touch volleyball. However, it seemed Matty was happy enough to play catch with Henry, so she wouldn't stay bored for too long.

The two we're playing as Frankie and Naughty returned, but something was off. There was a somber mood drifting as they stepped into camp, but neither looked happy. Least of all, Frankie.

Henry was with Frankie when Louise was comforting her, but once the elder had left, Henry sat beside her on the bed.

"You know what?" She asked, and the singer shook her head. "I remember you saying after my first trial, when I felt like shit, something to cheer me up. I know it's a bit different because you actually won loads. Like look how impressive that was."

Frankie smiled. "I guess."

"And I'm not sure that I couldve done it, or anyone else here. You were really strong and brave." Henry grinned.

"Really?"

"Yeah."

After they shared a hug, Henry found herself by Matty's side. That was where she needed to be. With him. By his side. Everything had felt wrong for so long, and now, with him, there was some sort of normality in her life.

Dinner came that night in the form of venison sausage. It wasn't so bad, not in comparison to some things. And then, everyone went to bed. It seemed that they were all tired, all ready to sleep.

But it was cold. Henry's bed was freezing, her body was icy. It would be impossible to fall into whatever slumber she was expected to. The Welsh winter was creeping into the castle, and she shivered inside of her sleeping bag.

"Henry." The voice was faint, but she knew it belong to Matty.

Her boyfriend.

It was nice to think, nice to say, nice to know.

"Yeah?" She whispered back.

"You cold?"

"Yeah."

There was a shuffling, presumably Matty moving, but she wasn't sure why until the weight on her bed shifted.

"Budge up." Matty told her, and so she did. He lay beside her, and wrapped his arms around her waist. They weren't facing one another, so we're spooning, but they were sharing heat. That was the best thing.

"Matty?" Henry questioned, softly.

"Mmh." He replied.

"I like this."

Matty grinned to himself. "I know you do."

Henry leant her back into his chest, looking up at him. "I'm being serious. I really like you."

"I'd hope you do." He smirked. "You're my girlfriend."

Girlfriend.

"And what? You like me too?"

At that, he pressed his lips to her neck lightly, then her cheek, her forehead before reaching her lips. "I've never liked anyone more."

"Even Tom?" She giggled.

"Even Tom." Matty laughed.

Everything felt right this time. Everything felt good.

• - - •
873
• - - •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.