Chapter 24- A Realisation

I just wanna tell you somethin'
Lately you've been on my mind
Honey (ah)
I'd walk through fire for you
Just let me adore you
- Adore You • Harry Styles

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟺
𝚂𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟺𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

It seemed that Louise was still living off of the buzz from talking to her family. It was that buzz which kept the guilt flowing through Henry. She couldn't help it, she'd tried, and after the commotion from the night beside Matty- Henry hadn't felt so worn out in quite some time.

That was why she slept until midday, almost. She was almost as bad as Naughty... almost.

When she got up, eyes half closed, and Matty had given her a green mug as he did every morning- no one questioned her whereabouts of the night before. In a way, Henry was glad. She didn't want to have to explain herself anger further than Matty already had.

They were sorting the fire only fifteen minutes later when Louise said.

"Should I tell the story of how I met my husband?"
With a weak smile, Henry encouraged. "Go on, then."

——— ——— ———

"I don't think people understand how shit I feel." Henry said. "Like I feel so bad for her wanting Louise's phone call. That's hers. I shouldn't be selfish because she deserves it more than anyone else here."

——— ——— ———

"Well, when I was thirteen, I used to go to a particular beach in Cornwall and there was this guy on the beach I was obsessed with." Louise began to tell and everyone around her nodded as they listened. "And he used to play guitar, and he had a surfboard, and long hair: he was really cool. And he had a Kinks t-shirt."

"Sounds cool." Henry smiled.

"I never dared talk to him or anything." The newsreader clamours. "Anyway, forward wind and I'm like twenty-eight, and I'm with this girl, Ally. We're really good friends, and she's got to older brothers, right? Ally and I are having a conversation about going on a holiday to this beach. I was like, oh, this was the beach I used to go to. And I'm like did one of your brothers used to wear a kinks T-shirt. She goes, how did you know that know? I was like oh my god I was in love with him when I was thirteen. And I go which brother was it- it's David. Oh my god that's hilarious, I'm going out with someone, it's quite serious relationship, been with him for two years, and then so I see him at her next party. So I bounce up to him and say it's so funny I must tell you I used to be in love with you when I was thirteen." There was a chorus of tired laughs. "Before I walk off, he goes , and deadpan he goes, when you chuck the boyfriend give me a call. I was like I'm not gonna chuck my boyfriend, and I did. I chucked my boyfriend. Less than a year later we got married."

——— ——— ———

"It's cute." Henry smiled. "It's really cute."

——— ——— ———

"How did you and Matty meet then?" Simon asked Henry as the ginger boys head snapped up.

"Us?" He questioned, Yorkshire accent bleeding through.

"Yeah, you met before here. So what was it? Party?"

"Less glamorous than that." Henry smiled at Matty.

"What was it?" Danny asked.

"Well, we'd briefly passed before when we were at one of Tom's celebrations, but the first time we actually had a conversation was at one of his diving competitions."

"Speedos and all?" Kadeena laughed.

"Yep. Speedos, wet hair, you name it." Henry grinned.

"You weren't looking that good either." Matty teased. "She'd come straight from work, so was covered in splodges of blue."

"What were you working on?" Louise wondered.
"I was back for a Doctor Who special." Henry clarified. "So they painted me blue."

"Were you two good friends before now? The picture on your cushion makes it out that you are." Arlene asked.

"Not really." Matty replied. "I mean we weren't not friends, and stuff, but yeah..."

——— ——— ———

"I don't think we'd be together if we hadn't have come in here." Henry said to Matty in the confession box.

"No, yeah, I completely agree." Said the diver, arm wrapped around Henry's shoulder. "I'm glad we're in here though."

"Me too." Her eyes were trained upon him.

——— ——— ———

It was around this time that Henry truly realised how Matty made her feel. Truthfully, she had known for a while, but this was the telling moment.

Henry Gray O'Connor loved Matty Lee, and she would never deny it.

• - - •
822
• - - •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.