Chapter 48- Third Place

For all that it's worth, is it worth it'
Cause more than it's hard to desert it
For all that it's worth, is it worth it'
How do we know without searching'
- Ever Enough • A Rocket To The Moon

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟸𝟹
𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟸𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

They woke up that morning as a trio, but they would all by gone by the evening. It was exhilarating, exhilarating and terrifying.

     It was the last morning in camp. The last morning. For three weeks Henry had sat inside of the castle walls and waited to leave. Finally, the day had come.

    No matter what, she had made it all the way. She did what she came to do. She came to show the world who she really was. Henry thought she'd done that, she thought she'd shown them who she really was.

     Really, she was a girl with a big heart, who cared too much about those she loved. She was someone who loved love, and she was someone who was lucky enough to have found love in a person as wonderful as Matty.

     This morning, Henry, Danny and Simon sat around the fire. They ate their breakfast of rice and beans, despite being full from the night before. It was one of the better sleeps Henry had been granted whilst living in the castle. However, her best was while being in Matty's arms. Nothing felt nicer than that.

——— ——— ———

"So, it's the end of the road." Henry shrugged, and smiled. "At some point today, I'm leaving. And then I'm gonna come home and hug my brothers. Oh my god I miss my brothers."

——— ——— ———

     Eventually, Ant and Dec arrived like they always did. They said their hello's, and they were going to announce third place.

    Henry was sat in one of the thrones. It had been her seat for some time, and she enjoyed the comfort have it there. But nothing would compare to a sofa where her legs would be propped up. She couldn't wait to lie down on a comfy bed. Her own bed. Her own bed, with Matty.

——— ——— ———

"I'm not going to lie to anyone." Smiled Henry, as she admitted. "I was really nervous. I realised how much I wanna win." She laughed to herself a little. "I knew I wanted to win anyway, but this was a sort of confirmation."

——— ——— ———

  "Hello, Hello." The presenters had cheered as they did most days.

  "Nearly there." Dec cheered for them. "Nearly there."

     It was true. There was only an hour or so left. Only an hour. The winner would be crowned, and Henry could go home. With the crown, or not, she would be able to go home.

     "Right you three, the public have been voting for their King or Queen of the Castle." Henry sighed. "The person with the fewest votes is about to leave the castle for good." Ant announced, grinning.

  "Here goes." Dec smiled.

     Henry looked to the boys on either side of them. Both of them deserved to win.

     "I'm third place, on I'm a celebrity 2021 is..."

    Henry braced herself. She was ready for her name, and she was ready to leave. In fact, she'd be happy to.

     "Simon."

•  -  -  •
585
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.