Chapter 7- Winning On All Accounts

So I don't need you raining on my parade
Throwing shade
Be on your merry way
I only want good vibes 'round be tonight
No negativity in my life
- Good Vibes • HRVY and Matoma

• - - •

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴
𝙼𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟸𝚗𝚍 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

The five members of Red Team were all surrounding the fire, enjoying each other's company. It was close to night, darkness having fallen some time before, and Henry was smiling as she was with her friends. She could think of nothing better.

     The actress was sat beside Matty, as per usual, not wanting to be far away from his comfort. They had been all together through the day, and now leaving his side felt wrong.

  "I remember watching you in the Olympics in summer with Richie and Freddie." Henry grinned to herself. "You did so well."

  "How did you get into that?" Questioned Frankie, curiously.

  Matty thought for a moment, before removing his head from Henry's shoulder, and saying. "It's a weird one, innit."

  "Is it not something that you always wanted to do?" She questioned.

  "No. God, no." He smiled. "I was never good at football, or anything like that, those sports. So, luckily, I had diving."

  Frankie then asked Kadeena, just as invested in the Paralympian's story as the Olympian's. "Is that the same with you? How did you get into it?"

  "So, I was a runner from, like, a young age, and then in 2014, I had my stroke and was diagnosed with MS." Kadeena began, and the camp was silent. They were giving her all of the attention she needed. "I couldn't run, 'cos I kept falling over, my balance was so bad. And there was a Wattbike in the gym, and I'd just sit on the Wattbike because it was just stationary and I couldn't really fall anywhere. Then someone was like 'your powers pretty decent'. I spoke to British Cycling, and they were like, 'I think you'd be great at this'."

  Cautiously, Henry asked. "How old were you when you had your stroke?"

  "Twenty-three."

  "And then that caused MS?" The Saturday's singer asked.

  "Yeah, like four months later, like, I had an MS relapse and they were like 'oh yeah, your brains doing some weird stuff'."

——— ——— ———

"I knew about Kadeena before the Castle, and I met her before, but you know what..." Henry smiled to the camera so everyone knew how she felt. "She is so bloody brilliant. I love her so much, and I'm so glad to spend this time with her."

——— ——— ———

"You could have easily given up, though?" Asked Frankie.

  "Do ya know, it was one of those things, I feel like when you're an athlete, you're so goal driven, you'll know, like targets. So, when I was in hospital, I was like, I need something to get me through. Trying to get back into the sport was like, okay, this is my target. This is my goal. As much as it's tough, like, I wouldn't change it. And it's given me opportunities I wouldn't have had. Now I've got an opportunity to do something that's bigger than me." Then Kadeena paused a moment, before changing the subject. "So tell me about you."