Chapter 26- In Sickness

The words are coming, I feel terrible
Is it typical for us to end like this
Am I just another scene
From a movie that you've seen 100 times?
- When I Get Home, Your So Dead • Mayday Parade

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟻
𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟻𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

When most of camp woke up, Henry had been lying in bed, eyes open, for hours. An uneasy feeling set about the camp as she worried. Today was someone's last day in camp, and it made her feel quite upset. Her Castle family would be broken.

——— ——— ———

"I don't want to go." Henry admitted. "I know it's selfish, but it's true. I want to stay because I'm not ready to leave anyone yet."

——— ——— ———

"Good Morning." Matty's raspy morning voice whispered into her ear.

  Henry grinned back. "Morning."

  "Henry!" Danny's voice called out from the leaders bed and over to the actress.

  "Danny!" She replied.

  "How are you?"

  "I'm good. Good sleep, what about you?"

  "Should we have a duvet day with Netflix and food?" Danny queried.

  "Oh yeah." Frankie smiled.

  The actor then continued. "Have treats and tell each other we love each other all night."

  Frankie giggled. "Feeling needy today?"

  "So needy today!"

  "Danny!" Matty called out from beside Henry, his head resting on her shoulder still.

  "Matty! Wanna come get in here? It's been ages since I've had a little spoon."

  "Sorry Danny," Henry grinned from the bed. "I've got Matty."

  "Oh screw you. I've got David." The actor huffed. "Do you fancy a little spoon David?"

——— ——— ———

"I actually felt really bad for Danny because he really wanted a hug..." the actress trailed off whilst in the Castle Confession. "But Matty's so good at hugging I wasn't going to let him go."

——— ——— ———

When Henry began to put her sleeping bag onto her bed, Danny walked past her. She stopped him and wrapped her arms around him.

  "You were lonely." She told him. "And hugs always come free."

"You're class you are." Danny told her.

     It was when they walked into main camp that everything changed. Simon went through first, and was shocked to find that things had changed.

  "Oh no!"

  "There's a computer." Naughty Boy informed them. "There's internet guys."

  "Oh, a new computer." Frankie grimaced a little.

     Looking at the ancient technology, Henry knew something big was going to happen. What exactly, she could be sure, but things would be tense, and they'd change. That much she knew would be true.

  Simon took the scroll which was beside the blackboard- their names written in white. Then, he read it out to everyone, listening intently around the fire.

  "Celebrities today you have a chance to win your letters from home. You will all be playing for someone else's letter so you will need to decide amongst yourselves who will play for who."

    Henry was nervous, she felt sick. She didn't want to lose anyones letter, anyones piece of home.

     "each letter can be downloaded to this computer but in order to do so you must enter the correct Wifi code. Throughout the day, the phone will ring to tell you what the Wifi code is. It is then up to the nominated camp mate to remember the code until they are asked to input it into the computer. If you enter the wrong code more than three times, you will not be able to download that campmates letter. You should now decided who will play for which camp mate."

     Henry couldn't help to tears that welled in her eyes, and she couldn't prevent them from dribbling down her face. There was no chance for her. Despite being an actress, things were always hard to remember. Numbers and letters muddled in her mind so easily, and now, her worst nightmare was coming true.

     As everyone passed around their names, deciding who was best to win their letter- Henry couldn't move. Her eyes felt glued to the floor, embarrassed.

  "Hen?" Matty voice broke through her silence. "Hen, would you do mine?"

  She shook her head. "You... you don't want me to do yours. I'll just mess it up."

  "You won't." Matty promised her. "There's no one else I'd rather win my letter for me."

  "But what if I lose it?" Henry breathed. "I don't know what if do if I stopped you getting your letter."

  "I don't mind." He said, calmly.

  "If I do yours, will you do mine?" The actress wondered.

  "Yeah, yeah..." he took her hand, squeezing it. "Of course."

  "Remember the letters with a word." Danny gave some advice to the group.

  "Associate numbers with a year." Adam added. "Ya know, '66, the World Cup. '79, Rollerskating."

  "35: your age, Arlene." Simon said, knowingly.

——— ——— ———

"I'm going to be honest, I've always struggled remembering things properly." Henry sighed. "I was a nightmare to work with on set because big chunks of words, or things that don't really make sense, never stick."

——— ——— ———

"I mean, really, is actors and actresses should do the best at this." Adam said to the group.

  While Simon and Danny agreed, Henry couldn't. "You can't put that kind of pressure on us."

  "But it's our job."

  "And it works differently for some of us." The girl protested. "And I'm one of them."

     Then, the tension grew. They waited for the phone to ring. The call that would change everything.

•  -  -  •
941
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.