Chapter 34- Sharing Stories

Easy to talk to but hard to explain
What do I do when I'm falling for you?
- Porcelain Face • 4 Door Theatre

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟾
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟾𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

For the first time in a week, Henry woke up alone. Strictly speaking, she wasn't alone as she was sharing a bed with Louise, but she meant more to do with Matty being on the other side of the room. She hated it. Waking up, she felt cold, and lonely.

    However, when her eyes opened, she heard the sweet humming of a song. Despite having not heard anything before, the tones were familiar. As far as she was aware, it was Danny.

    Frankly, it was quite pleasant, even if the song was only partly familiar. It made Henry lie in bed that little longer, just to relax.

    Getting up, and walking to find Matty, Henry found him by the well with a few of the guys. She wanted nothing more than to hug him, hold him close. The past few days, she'd felt odd, and being with Matty usually made her feel slightly better.

  "Hey," he held his arms out as he sat up on the edge of the well, and Henry moved closer. She hugged him, burying her face into his chest, and smiling at his smell (even if it wasn't the best thing in the world). "Feeling better?"

  "Much." Her lips grazed his jaw as she looked upwards. Matty, though below her slightly as he was sat down, kissed her with ease.

  "Hey, hey, horny teenagers!" Simon shouted, playfully. "No one wants to see this!"

  "But I want to do it." She glared, in the same manner, before giggling a little. "Look at him!" Like an adult would to a child, she squeezed his cheeks. "Look at this face!"

  "Hey." Matty swatted away her hands.

  "Aren't you two just so cute." Danny rolled his eyes.

——— ——— ———

"So, I love the guys, but I was missing Matty and they wouldn't let me kiss him..." Henry rolled her eyes. "I'm having another needy day... I think." With a sigh, Henry rubbed her head, not knowing what to do entirely. "I'm don't know what to do at all at the minute. I miss home, and all I want to do is sleep..."

——— ——— ———

As they were all around the well, it was nice for Henry to hear more songs. Simon, Danny and David all sang American Pie with gusto. She and Matty, however, lay together on the well. That being said, Matty lay and smiled, whilst she stood.

     It reminded Henry of home. The singing, the organised chaos, being surrounded by oodles of men. Maybe it was because it reminded her of home that a few tears welled in her eyes. She blinked them back before they could become visible, or so she thought.

  "I see you." Matty murmured into a shoulder, pressing a kiss to the skin. "If you want to we can talk about it later."

  "Yeah, I want to." Henry nodded, squeezing his hand. The only problem was, she wasn't so sure what to say. She wanted to say everything she could think of to Matty: everything was a lot, and they were on tv.

——— ——— ———

"I love him so much, I just wish I knew what was going on." Henry began to tear up again. "I wish I knew stuff about myself. I wish I could say what I feel."

——— ——— ———

A little while later, the group were around the fire as Henry sat with a green mug in her hand. She was with Adam, Louise, Matty and Danny, listening intently to their conversation.