Chapter 44- That Challenge Everyone Wants

Confusion that never stops
Closing walls and ticking clocks
Gonna come back and take you home
I could not stop that you now know
- Clocks • Coldplay

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟸1
𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟷𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Once Matty and Adam had left the group, and the portcullis was once again shut, they had a collective sigh. Still Henry was outnumbered, but without the person she longer for most.

"Bloody hell." David sighed, walking ahead of the group with Simon and Henry trailed. As the youngest, and the most effected by the loss, it was difficult to stride back, and know that the ginger diver wouldn't be there waiting.

Danny hug back beside her, an arm around her shoulder. "Alright, Hen?" He questioned.

She nodded, but the tears had already emerged. They streamed like waterfalls, face turning red as a few stray, ugly sobs escaped her lips. "Not really."

The actor wrapped his arms around his friend, kissing her forehead in a brotherly manner. "It's alright." He condoned as she cried. "It'll be alright."

——— ——— ———

"It'd been all of ten minutes and I broke down." Henry explained it to the confession camera. "It was just so weird seeing him walk away. I hated it, I wanted him stood beside me, and he wasn't."

——— ——— ———

There was a short while when sat around the fire when nothing happened. It was comfortable, but empty. Nothing felt good, or right, especially for Henry.

Then the scroll came. It had been expected for a while, mainly by all those but the Frenchman. They knew what it was.

"Celebrities, you will all take part in tonight's trial: Celebrity Cyclone!" Simon read out, causing a cacophony of cheers. "Please get ready to leave camp."

With the note came four sets of thermal wetsuits and cotton knights costumes. The four colours, purple, blue, green and orange were nice enough, but the good ones were snatched quickly. Danny favoured the orange, and Simon the green leaving only purple and blue for Henry and David to sort out.

"But i want the blue." David exclaimed, almost playfully.

"I will not look like Rapunzel." Henry seethed.

——— ——— ———

"Don't get me wrong," Henry admitted. "I love Rapunzel and I think she's badass... but I'm more of a Cinderella kind of girl."

——— ——— ———

So, Henry was able to slip into the blue knights costume and wetsuit after the tiff. She was smug that she'd won, but that didn't matter too much. It was only after she felt ridiculous as they paraded their costumes and names.

"I am Sir Fart-A-Lot, and I intend to use my superior bottom to blast me to victory." Simon cackled like a witch as he ran around the fire before sitting.

Danny then took his turn. "My name is Lord Cry-A-Lot, and I intend to take on celebrity cyclone because water is my best friend."

Then, Henry. "My name is Lady Lover, and with my big heart, I hope to make Ant and Dec feel bad and give us all lots of food." She pretended to be a sort of child, just to emphasise the lovable part of her fake name.

——— ——— ———

"My brothers are laughing right now." Henry deadpanned, brushing her short, dark hair from her face. "I haven't been lovable in this way for years. They'll find it hilarious, I guarantee."