Chapter 18- Shakespeare

What a pretty friends of mine, we're finally intertwined
Nervous and shy, for the moment we will come alive, tonight
Secret valentine
We'll write a song that turns out the lights
When both boy and girl start, suddenly shaking inside
Don't waste your time, speed up your breathing
Just close your eyes
We'll hope it's not for nothing at all
Lay down be still, don't worry talk they will
I'll be loving you until
Morning's first light breaks tomorrow, i'll take care of you tonight
- Secret Valentine • We The Kings

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟷
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Wednesday morning was good. From the moment Henry woke up, she knew it was going to be a good day.

     Due to Danny and David taking the Lords bed, Matty was able to have an actual bed of his own again. He had taken Danny's which was close to Henry, so when she woke, his face was all she saw. It was nice.

  "Morning." He said, voice gravelly, eyes half open and hair messy.

  "Hey." She whispered back. "How are you?"

  "Really good." It was the smile that spread across his face which brought a warmth to her heart. His head was outstretched, nearing Henry, so without thought, she took it.

    His hand always felt right in hers. The situation was odd, but good. Ideally, this would've happened outside of the Castle, but Henry wasn't sure. She and Matty didn't see each other often anyway. Now, she was sure they definitely would.

     "Wanna hug?" Henry questioned, quietly. She was slightly embarrassed. Though it was dark still, and her face wasn't visible, she didn't want to seem stupid. Not only this, but the rest of the camp mates were still asleep: she felt a need to be quiet.

  "Yeah, alright." Matty replied, cooly.

  "What?" Henry was surprised. She hadn't realised that the diver had actually heard her.

  "Come here, then." She flushed a deep shade of scarlet.

     Hiding her face in her hands, Henry clambered from her own bed, not letting Matty go still. Slowly, she lay beside him, face to face. Their bodies touched in most places, the contact being a sort of relief. It had seemed ages since their last real hug.

     "Hi." He said again, happily, still soft and quiet.

  "Hi." Henry replied, in much the same manner. She, however, was still nervous. There was no reason to be, but she was.

  Matty murmured. "You're really cold."

  "Mmh."

  "Come here."

  Henry giggled a little. "I'm already here."

  "Closer, then."

     The closer they got, the warmer she became. The closer they got, the more at ease she felt. The closer they got, the more Henry felt she was tiring, but that was the more she wanted to stay awake.

     Matty Lee.

     Everything.

     The words were no different, not to Henry.

    She had taken three years to realise that the man beside her was no longer a boy. Three years she had known him, and three years for their first kiss to happen. Then, everything seemed to go so quickly. But, she knew. She knew that it was him.