Chapter 42- Memories Of Us

How does a moment last forever?
How does our happiness endure?
Through the darkest of our troubles
Love is beauty, love is pure
Love pays no mind to desolation
It flows like a river through the soul
Protects, proceeds, and perseveres
And makes us whole
Minutes turn to hours, days to years then gone
But when all else has been forgotten
Still our song lives on
How does a moment last forever
When our song lives on
- How Does A Moment Last Forever • Celine Dion

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟸𝟷
𝙵𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟷𝟷𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Everything seemed to be going well until Ant and Dec arrived. Something was bound to go wrong some time soon, but why did it have to be today? Today was a good day, a great day, and for the first time in so long Henry felt at ease.

     There was a cacophony of greeting when the duo walked in, an eery air following them. A comment was made about how big the place looked now that there was only six of them- but it would be less now. Only six, soon to be five.

     "Camp mates, as ever, the public have been voting for the people they want to keep in the camp."

  "In no particular order... Henry, the public have decided... it's not you." She breathed in relief. She was there another day... if that was what she really wanted.

  "Simon, it's not you."

  "Matty," sickness flooded Henry as she grasped her boyfriends hand. She must have been just as scared as he was. "It might be you."

     Henry's heart sank. She knew how much yesterday had effected him, not wanting to go home, and feeling that he might was awful.

  "Danny, it's not you."

  "David it's not you."

  "That means Adam, it's might be you."

     As much as Henry loved Adam as a sort of funcle- fun uncle- as he'd been labelled, he had to go. How would she survive the Castle if Matty wasn't there beside her? It had to be him. It had to be Adam.

     Didn't it?

     "So it's between Matty and Adam. Leaving I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here next is..."

     Henry's heart was in her mouth. She didn't know what to do. She could barely breathe.

     "Both of you."

     Matty took a sharp intake of breath. His eyes closed, and a hand hit his brow. Maybe this was the furthest he could've gotten, but he felt more guilty than anything. Guilty he was leaving Henry behind.

    Tears trickled from her dark eyes as soon as the words were spoken. It didn't take more than half a second to sink in, and when it did, the water had been impossible to stop. He was leaving. Matty was leaving her, not by choice, but he was leaving.

     As soon as Matty began saying his goodbyes, and Ant and Dec left, Henry realised that she too would have to say her farewells.

  "Two days." She mumbled to herself. "Only two days without him."

  "Hey." Matty whispered as he hugged her gently, knowing how upset she could and would be.

  "You can't go." Henry cried, not wanting to hide her emotions. "You can't."

  The ginger kissed her forehead, gently. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

     Swiftly, Henry's hands pulled the hair at the back of his neck that was slightly too long, and brought his lips to meet hers. This one was a sad kiss, sorrowful. It held all of the longing, and all of the hatred for the world as they took him away. This was the first time there was ever a knowing end to their kiss, and that made it all the more sweet.

     Sweet... and bitter.

     "I love you." Henry murmured against his lips, almost like a plead. "I love you so much."

  "I love you too." Matty promised, as he had to pull away. The diver didn't want to, he'd never want to, but the world was forcing it.

——— ——— ———

Silently, Henry sobbed in the confession room for almost fifteen minutes. She wasn't disturbed, even if the other three could hear her distraught cries. They knew she needed the time alone.

  "I can't do this." The actress forced out, every word difficult to pronounce. "I can't do this without him."

——— ——— ———

     There was no way to describe how she really felt. It was sickening to be torn from someone you love so, and all that was left was memories.

     Inside of her mind, like a montage, the memories of every time they had spent together, inside and outside of the castle. Each party they had attended through mutual friends, where they bumped into one another, and laughed until the next morning. Each day they had woken up in Tom's house, on the sofa, and smiling weakly at each other in their sleepy state.

    Those mornings in camp where Matty's arms were the safest thing she could think of. That feeling which made her giddy, the smallest of things. Every time their eyes locked, their lips met. The longing, the longing for something more.

     Now she was only upset. Upset and lonely and sick.

     Matty Lee had left the building, and Henry O'Connor was on her own.

- - •
918
• - - •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.