Chapter 5- Food Failure

When you try your best, but you don't succeed
When you get what you want, but not what you need
When you feel so tired, but you can't sleep
Stuck in reverse
And the tears come streaming down your face
When you lose something you can't replace
When you love someone, but it goes to waste
Could it be worse?
- Fix You • Coldplay

•  -  -  •

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝚃𝚆𝙾
𝚂𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟷𝚜𝚝 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

When Henry walked into the trial room, she hadn't a clue what to expect. This was the first proper trial, and she was curious to take part in it. Of course, Henry had guessed what she was going to be doing, but that wasn't always concrete. This was I'm A Celebrity: anything goes.

  "Hello Henry!" Ant greeted as she walked into view.

  "Hi!" She waved at the Geordie presenters and then to her opposition as she sat. "Hi, Danny!"

  "A completely different entrance to Danny." Laughed the taller host. "Henry, why are we seeing you down here?"

  She thought for a moment before replying. "Well, I, I wanted to do something for camp, and everyone else seemed to be unsure." Then she smiled. "So, I said I would. So I just hope that I can get them something to eat tonight."

  "Well, talking about eating, we're in a diner!" Ant exclaimed. "Should we find out what's in store?"

  "This is the Castle's dreaded diner." Dec said, grinning. This was all a game, but them more than the contestants: for them, it was real life. "And yes you guessed it, it's an eating trial. You will compete head to head and the winning Celeb will feed their camp tonight. You'll each be resented with five dishes which you must eat as instructed. The Celeb that eats the most dishes will win the trial and feed their camp tonight. The loser will go back empty handed."

  Ant then continued. "You can pass on a dish, but you can't go back to it. And, of course, you don't have to take part in this trial, but I'd you say no, you'll go back to your respective camps empty handed." He paused momentarily. "So, you're here. We've sat down, we've explained it. Are you both up for it?"

     There was some trepidation in Danny's tone, however, both agreed. There was no other option, really. If food was on the line, then Henry was sure she would do almost anything.

     "Round one!" Ant exclaimed. "Danny, as the voted for Celebrity, you will go first." Henry breathed a sigh of relief- she didn't want to be the first one. "Let's see what you've got."

     Dec rang the bell, and the warden brought out, what was, essentially, a cow udder. Without too much hesitation, Danny ate it. He struggled quite a bit, as it was both chewy, and he had such a bad gag reflex. However, when he opened his mouth and it was empty, Henry knew she was going to have a hard time.

     "Henry, you're next! Let's see what you've got." Ant told her. "A lamb foot long- made of sheep's feet."

  "This looks rank." She said, honestly. "This is just bone, I swear."

  "There is a section on the stick." Ant told her, and so, swiftly, Henry put it in her mouth. In reality, it was just badly flavoured gristle, which wasn't too bad.

      Then, the Celebrities were level. It was one-one. Only four more to go.

     The next two courses, though disgusting, were bearable, for Henry at least. Danny had to eat a pigs brain, which the actress knew she wouldn't have been able to do, but hers was just about doable. A fermented duck egg. After being told she had to eat the entire thing, Henry almost cried at the taste. It was just rotten to the core. With every bite, she felt bile rise, but not enough so that she was bothered. Eventually, it was gone.