Chapter 22- Home

Home is where the heart is.
It's where we started.
Where we belong.
Home is where the heart is.
It's where we started.
Where we belong.
- Home Is Where The Heart Is • McFly

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟸
𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝚗𝚍 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Ant and Dec arrived in camp some time after they completed the challenge, and they all had happy faces. There was a contentment floating through the air, all glad that their luxury items would be coming through soon enough.

     They were kindly greeted with teasing grins before the elimination of who would be doing the trial began.

  "In no particular order," Ant began. "Naughty Boy, the public have decided... it's not you." He breathed a sigh of relief as they moved to the next person.

     Unfortunately, it was the O'Connor girl. "Henry," Dec said to her. "It might be you." She breathed heavily, and Matty gripped her hand. It had been a while since she'd last done a trial, and in honesty, she wasn't particularly excited to do another.

  "Arlene, it's not you."

  "Frankie, it's not you."

  "Simon, it's not you."

     They were edging closer to Matty, and Henry was hoping it would be him. Her boyfriend wanted to do a trial more than anyone else in camp, and he didn't have the opportunity yet.

     "David-" Dec began before being cut off by his co-host.

  "Legend."

  "It's not you."

  "Kadeena, it's not you."

  "Danny, it's not you."

  Henry gripped Matty's hand. Only three people left to go through. "Louise, it's not you."

  "Adam, it's not you."

  A smile broke onto Matty's face, almost instantly. "So that means Matty, it might be you." The taller presenter announced.

  "So, it's between Henry and Matty-"

  The girl whispered to the boy. "I hope it's you." In no way was it malicious, but caring. Matty was bored. This would be some sort of excitement for him.

  "The public have decided the person they want to see face Gruesome Gargoyles is... both of you!" 

    Relief filled Henry. She never wanted take anything away from Matty, and now, she wouldn't.

     Instantly, Matty cheered, and brought Henry into his arms.

  "We're gonna smash it!"

  "We better." She laughed a little, keeping her arms around him longer than she should have.

    After walking through the show time arch, Henry and Matty set off for the challenge. The cameras were waiting for them.

——— ——— ———

"I feel good!" Henry exclaimed as a sort of confession. "I have Matty this time, I mean, I've never done a challenge alone, but it's nice to have Matty this time."

  Matty then said. "The thing I'm most dreading tonight has got to be creatures that move really quickly. Tactics; go for it. I'm here I wanna put myself in horrible situations and hopefully be able to handle it and get through it."

——— ——— ———

They had a sort of kind chat with Ant and Dec, and Matty showed his excitement for the trial. It was for that reason he went inside of the small tunnels: he wanted to experience everything. Unfortunately for Henry, it meant more hell holes.