Chapter 39- A Closer Than Comfort Call

I used to think that I was better alone
Why did I ever want to let you go
Under the moonlight as we stared at the sea
The words you whispered I will always believe
I want you to rock me, mmm, rock me, mmm, rock me, yeah
I want you to rock me, mmm, rock me, mmm, rock me yeah
I want you to hit the pedal heavy metal show me you care
I want you to rock me, mmm, rock me, mmm, rock me yeah
- Rock Me • One Direction

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟷𝟿
𝚆𝚎𝚍𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟿𝚝𝚑 𝙳𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Ant and Dec came through to the camp with great smiles on their face; but a sickly feeling was in Henry's stomach. Today would not be a good one. That she knew was final.

     "Hello, ya sexy badgers." Ant greeted as they walked through.

  "The public have been voting for the celebrities they want to keep in the camp, the person with the fewest votes will leave tonight."

  "I'm no particular order, Louise, the public have decided... it might be you." The whole camp turned tense. No one wanted Louise to go, the camp mother.

  "David."

  "Legend."

  "It's not you."

  "Adam, it's not you."

  "Henry, it's not you."

     She breathed in, happily. At least it wasn't her.

     "Danny, it's not you."

  "Simon, it's not you."

  "Which means Matty it might be you." The diver had his head in his hands, refusing to look up. Henry wrapped her fingers around his, looking out for him. She was worried, feeling sicker than she had yet in camp.

     Matty couldn't go. Louise couldn't go. Henry didn't know what to do. How could she ever know what to do? Either way she was going to lose someone she loved and relied on.

     "It's between Louise and Matty, the next person to leave I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here 2021 is..." Henry squeezed Matty's hands. "Louise." 

     "Oh God." Henry pulled the newsreader in for a large hug. "I don't know what I'm going to do without you."

  "You'll be just fine, darling." Louise rubbed the back of her head.

     They said their goodbyes, and their I love you's before having to walk away from the portcullis. Matty wrapped an arm around Henry, kissing her temple lightly before she spoke.

  "God, this is really starting to feel like home." Her voice called to the rest of the group. "So many fucking men."

——— ——— ———

"I don't know what I'm gonna do." Henry cried in the confession, wiping her puffy red eyes. "I love Louise so much, and she's been such a help on here. I mean, I have an entire bed to myself now, that's a bonus." She laughed a little. "Maybe I'll invite Matty."

——— ——— ———

For most of the night, Henry cried. It wasn't as intentional thing, but she couldn't help it. The loss of Louise in camp was a great one, and it was something difficult to deal with. She was comforted by everyone, and in turn, she comforted them too.

     It was in this time that they had to decide who would be tackling the latest trial. Adam and Matty both put themselves up for it, despite Matty still being sort of shell shocked. In the end, through a fairly boring process, it came that Matty would be going.

  "You'll do brilliantly." Henry told him, pressing a light kiss on his lips.

  "I'm sure I will." Matty nodded, putting his lips to hers once again. However, she pulls back, gesturing for him to go for the usual send off. "What? No good luck kiss?"

  "Just one." The girl one promised.

  He nodded. "Just one." Their lips were together in a moment, a flurry of fiery passion. But, before long, Henry stopped it. "That's-"

  "One kiss."

  "But-"

  "One kiss." She grinned.

  In defeat, Matty shook his head. "Alright then. One kiss." He went to walk past her, but stood quickly, and pecked her lips again before running off.

  "That's cheating!"

——— ——— ———

"He's a gold medal Olympian... I think he's gonna do just fine." Henry told the confessional when asked. "But seriously, I know he will. He's really strong, and I know it."

——— ——— ———

Matty returned, and Henry listened intently to his tale. It was intriguing to hear about some disgusting toilet themed trial, but was over the moon when he did well. In fact, he did so well, that he brought home all of the stars.

——— ——— ———

"I don't want to talk about dinner." Henry claimed, as she sat with Matty in confession.

  "Whelks." He elaborated.

  "I was sick again. I tried to eat the food, like it was suggested, but it didn't agree with me."

  "It was quite funny." Matty grinned nudging her shoulder.

  "Meanie."

——— ——— ———

When everyone else went to bed, it was left to Henry and Matty to make sure the fire went out. They were happy in each other's company, as always.

  "So, you have the bed all to yourself, tonight." Matty said, casually.

  "Yeah, yeah." Henry nodded.

  "Cool."

  With a small smirk, the actress asked. "You wanna join me?"

  "If you don't mind."

  "Of course I don't."

     Henry and Matty got into the shared bed together, which only made the girl realise how cramped they'd been before. It was a nice feeling, especially as she hadn't slept beside him for a few days. Henry longed for his touch, and now, they were comfortable together.

     "I love being close to you." Henry told the diver, as his lips kissed her shoulder.

  Slowly, they travelled up the pale skin of her neck, but as it happened, he whispered. "I love you."

  "I love you too." The answer was easy. The answer had always been easy.

•  -  -  •
1000
•  -  -  •

Disclaimer!!!!
I do not own I'm a Celebrity or any of the Celebrity Contestants that appear on the show in real life. I also do not own any of the trials or events that take place.
All I own is Henry O'Connor, her storyline, family, and the fictional love story between her and Matty.