Chapter 12- We

Isn't it amazing how almost every line on our hands align?
When your hand's in mine
- 8 Letters • Why Don't We

𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟼
𝚃𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟻𝚝𝚑 𝙽𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛

Naughty Boy returned to camp a short while later, and a cheer notified Henry and Matty to go into the main section of Camp.

  "What you saying?" Kadeena cheered, joyfully.

  Henry wondered. "How'd it go?"

  He threw his hat to the side, a grin plastered upon his face. "Eleven stars!"

——— ——— ———

"You know what, I'm proud of Naughty." Smiled Henry. "He really didn't want to do the trial, but he stuck in. Good on him."

——— ——— ———

Just as he explained the trial, the Castle Coin challenge victims were called up by a scroll. It was Henry, but not just her, but Matty and Danny too. The first people she had done trials with. What could be better?

     They trekked to the stone room where their task would be, and then, waited. A scroll was there for them, as was three tables attached to string, and three cabinets. It was odd, a room out of time, but she could scarcely complain. It was a different sight to the camp, and that was enough.

  "Here's a scroll!" Henry exclaimed as she picked up the parchment.

  Danny replied "yes, yes!"

  Whilst Matty answered. "Read it!"

  "Celebrities, in front of you are three dining tables. The aim of the game is to set the table so it is fit for the Lords." She rolled her eyes. "Those fucking Lords. I can't be bothered with the Lords."

  Matty laughed kindly before saying. "What's the rest of it say?"

  "Using the rope to keep it balanced, fill the table with all of the items in the dresser behind you. When all three of you age placed all the items in the correct position, you can ring the service bell, and the timer will start... good luck."

——— ——— ———

Danny, Matty and Henry were all stood before the camera, grinning like madmen.

  "I'm not prepared for this." She giggled, childishly. "I don't know how good I am at balancing stuff."

  "We'll be fine. Concentration is key." Matty nudged her shoulder lightly.

  "Like you two ever concentrate around each other." Danny rolled his eyes.

——— ——— ———

    It turned out that the first round or so wasn't so difficult. There was little to carry, so little to place, and little to balance. However, it was the shock of cold, brown sludge dripping down her back which caused her to falter. She had never expected so, and so quickly, she shuddered, and everything fell.

  "Shit. Sorry." She had mumbled.

  "It's alright." Danny grinned.