2

It had been a week since the debutante and the princess from the Ruby palace had sent letters everyday with requests for an audience. They weren't any responses so she walked across the palace towards his majesty's office. It helped that there weren't alot of workers there. Those that dared to move and stop her were forced on their knees as they shake with the intensity of the princess's glare.

She walked confidantly and gracefully. Outside the room was Sir.Felix Robane standing guard, doing his job. When he noticed the princess, he bowed and said

"Glory to the star of obellia"

"Rise"

Felix lifter his hear and was greated with the unusually stoic face of the princess that made her look exactly like his majesty.

"It seems as though you are the only worker who knows any manners in this palace. I had assumed all of them were Nobel's but I guess I was wrong"

"My apologies, your highness. I'm  sure whatever they did, was not done on purpose"

"Surely they had learnt enough etiquette to know that they should greet someone of a higher status respectfully. Even commoners know that. And yet, not only did they fail to do that, they also dared to stop me"

"I ask her highness to forgive them with once. I will make sure such a mistake will not be repeated"

"I'll let it go this once. But remember that I will never forget this disrespect"

"Thank you your highness. May i inquir why her highness is here?"

"You may not. Now move"

She said as she knocked on the door. There was a faint 'come in'. She entered the office and was greated with the full intensity of his majesty's glare. Yet she did not flatter.

"Glory and blessings to the sun of the obellain empire. I greet his majesty"

Instead of acknowledging her, he turned to the guard and said

"Felix, with who's permission did your allow this thing to enter"

"I had requested an audience with his majesty multiple times this week and I see it has yet to reach you. So I came here myself"

He massaged his temple and without looking up he said,

"I rejected them myself. Get out of my sight"

She furrowed her eyebrows and mumbled under the breadth,"this is getting quite annoying..." As she spead towards the emperor.

"Why are you coming towards me! Felix, drag her to her room and lock her up until further orders!"

But Felix couldn't move. It felt like some unknown force in keeping him there.

"It seems that you're headaches have gotten worse since you've met with the chimera" she placed her index finger on his head.

"How is it now?"

Claude was shocked with her speed. But saw her clearly for the second time with no headaches.

"What did you do?" He asked uncharacteristically.

"His majesty's constant headaches when looking or thinking about me were getting quite annoying as i have been waiting for an audience for a long time."

After calming down, Claude stoic ly responded

"And what makes you think I will listen to you?"

Athanasia sighed in annoyance which did not go unnoticed but the two men in the room.

"Then how about a deal your majesty? We play a game of chess. If i win, his majesty will listen to what I have to say. If i lose, i will leave immediately. Is that fair?"

"Leave. I do not have time for such trivial matters"

"Surely his majesty, who spends all of his time either working, having useless conversations with the chi- new princess, and sleeping, would be able to spare a bit of your time."

"You've gotten quite bold" he said glaring at her.

"I have always been this way you're majesty. Not that YOU would know, as you have been neglecting me my entire life" she said smiling sweetly like she didn't just diss the emperor but rather complemented his shiney hair.

Felix gulped loudly.