16

After Athanasia's official debute as the crown Princess, there had been a number of invitations sent to the royal palace inviting her for tea parties. While Felix was happy that the princess would finally get a chance to meet other girls her age and have some friends, Claude was pissed.

"Just look at them, they dare to demand the crown Princess to their place for a mere tea party. Why right do they have"

"They were sent in good faith your majesty. Besides, isn't it good for the princess to get to know the future of our empire?" Was Felix's innocent reply.

"Not necessarily sir Felix. These invitations are sent so that these families have a stable position in the future. All of them had assumed it would be princess Jennette who would be named crown Princess and had plenty of tea parties with her soon after the debutante, but now that it's officialised that the position would be mine, they immediately sent the invitation to me."

She took a sip of her tea and let a small smile frame her face.

" Besides, i already have connections with people I need. I do not have time for needless chatter with them. Let Jennette host the tea party. I'm quite busy with other matters."

"I see. I understand your highness"

Felix nodded.

Claude, who had been intently listening to Athanasia, spoke up

"You already have connections?"

Athanasia sat back in her seat. He had a confident air around her. She smirked lightly.

"Yes. I haven't been simply sitting still for all these years father. I've had quite a few ideas that i would very soon begin"

She had been hinting towards the connections she had as the head of azure. Claude had quickly caught on and was quite intrigued.

"Oh? Do enlighten me"

"Well. I suppose i could show u some of my plans. Maybe you could help me with them ."

So she doesn't trust Felix. Claude had noted. Although he himself trusts Felix, his daughter didn't. Well, all with due time.

Athanasia spoke

"Father. Meet me in my office today afternoon. I'll show you some of my papers. Do come alone, i priorities confidentiality over anything."

"Even Felix?"

Felix straightened up. A hopeful look on his face. He was quite desperate to gain the princess's trust.

"Even sir Felix."

The knight deflated. He looked like a kicked puppy. It was a very adorable sight. Athanasia couldn't stop the short chuckle that came out.

Felix wanted to prove himself to the princess but would have to be satisfied with making her laugh for now.