23

Jennette had been quietly listening to the Dukes words and thinking. She knew she was quite ignorant and was not smart. But she wasn't an idiot. She could tell that what the Duke said was true.

Her head was aching. Her noddeJennetted at his words and thanked them for their advice.

She quickly dismissed them and saw them off. Then she went into her room and shut the door.

She fell onto her bed ungracefully. But she could care less. Jennette was very worried. Based on her father's behaviour, there's never telling when he might just snap and remove her from the palace. From the royal family.

She didn't want that. But she was conflicted. She decided to follow the Duke's advice to study. She would do that.

Since then, spent most of her mornings in her room, reading some books on important matters. Because no matter how much it bores her, she must be more knowledgeable that Athanasia. That's the only way she would be able the title of crown Princess.

She must be capable.

She now realised. She had been naively thinking that just because she was eldest, she would get the throne. That she wouldn't need to do anything.

How foolish she was.

Jennette would show her father just how useful she is.