5

"As i was saying, before my mother gave birth, you used black magic to erase your memories with her. So from someone whom you loved, she became nothing but a woman who claimed to be pregnant with your child."

"The only reason you even let me live was because of my name, as you thought I wasn't really your child. Everytime you think of investigating about why I have jewelled eyes, you get a headache and had eventually forgotten about it."

"Claiming that i used black magic, that's treason"

Athanasia summoned a tool.

"You know what this is your majesty. It's a tool that will show wheather you have used black magic on you or not. Feel free to inspect it. Drop a bit of your blood on it."

He inspects the tool, seeing that it is a normal tool, he proceeded to drop blood on it. Feeling shocked when it showed that he did have black magic.

"You see your majesty? You used black magic to erase your memories with my mother. That's why when you look at me, someone who looks exactly like her except for my eyes, only served as a reminder caused constant headaches"

Claude stayed silent for a while. Athanasia sat back down and drank her tea while eating some sweets. For a second she thought that Claude might actually know that she likes sweets but brushed it off thinking that he probably got things he assumed girls like.

She waited patiently for she knew Claude has alot of thoughts running through his head at the moment.

Then he softly asks

"Is it possible to get rid of it?"

Athanasia looked up and smiled softly.

"Yes. I can do it for you if you wish"

The prideful man put his head down and said

"Please"

An emperor cannot show weakness, because the second they do the greedy nobles will try to gain more power. Athanasia has shown hints that she is a powerful mage. If she can't, he will try to secretly call someone from the magic tower to get rid of it.

She got up from her seat and dusted her skirt as she moved towards the door.

"I'll come by your room tonight. Please stay awake and wait for me. We'll have the rest of our discussion then as well"

She opened the door to see Felix Robane there. Claude, who didn't quite understand why she was in a hurry to leave, got up from his seat and called out to her flustered

"W-wait what do you mean?"

But Athanasia pretend not to hear and walked away quite fast.

Felix hid his shock at seeing his childhood friend so flustered after a long time and asked

"Should I go call her highness back your majesty?"

Sigh "No, there's no need. Felix, let's go back to my office"

"Ah, Princess Jennette said she wanted to have tea with his majesty"

"No. I'm busy today"

"Understood" He said while following Claude back to his office.