6

It was night

Claude sat nervously in his chambers waiting for Athanasia. He didn't know how she was going to come and assumed it would be through the door. He had considered that maybe she would teleport in as she said that she herself would get rid of the black magic within him so she must be quite a powerful mage.

And teleport she did. She wasn't even bothered with his attire

( The Greek god one from wmmap. He said that it would take six years for to forget Diana when he met athy in wmmap so he wore more formal clothes later in lovely princess when he met athy at the age of nine)

She came over and said that this would take the whole night and then proceded to bonk his head with a branch of the world tree.

As it had been quite a long time since he used black magic and not being in contact with her as a reminder of the memory he erased. His memories are harder to recover but nothing she can't do.

Besides, it was cute to see Lucas sulking while watching her take a branch and go back in barely a day while he has to be there for months to come while he recovers his mana.

His pouting face was cute.

Now Athanasia sat down monitering Claude. Sometimes poking his cheeks and braiding his hair with small flowers. She will admit that he looks quite pretty. Her hair was straight like his but a platinum blond like her mother's.

But she still likes it a lot. There was a childish part of her that wanted him to tread her like a daughter. She thought that if he does, then maybe she could accept him as a father. But that didn't happen.

She understands that it's all out of love for her mother that he erased his memories but she didn't know either of her parents although one is alive and well.

Neglect is still neglect. He cannot be justified.

She monitered him throughout the night so she was quite sleepy around the time Claude woke up. He looked like he a good sleep throughout the night. He looked peaceful.

Well, he was sweating and griping his blanket at one point. But otherwise he's okay. She couldn't sence any traces of black magic on him anymore. The world tree sure is convenient.

When Claude woke up, he looked dazed as he looked at Athanasia but after he shook out of that when hearing her call him 'your majesty', he shooted out a hugged her while begging for forgiveness for neglect her and treating her badly all these years.

He was slightly shaking. She could tell he was being sincere but she cannot just forgive him. Although it hurt, she was used to it as she was an orphan in her past life and didn't know what to expect. But if she was born without her past memories, this would have hurt her alot. 

"This is quite uncomfortable your majesty. Please let go"

Claude reluctantly let go. He had red eyes and few drops of tears were dripping down his face. His hands tightly griping his blanket as he sat awkwardly on his bed.

He looked like a sad puppy. A very cute look on the usual stoic-faced emperor.

She held out the magic tool infront of him and said.

"Please put a few drops of your blood on this. It's a final check to see if there is still remains of black magic, though i doubt it"

"But-"

"Your majesty, it quite early in the morning. I've stayed up all night monitering you so I'd like to go rest soon. Please don't waste time and hurry up"

Sigh "Alright...."

He did as she instructed and the tool showed that he no longer has black magic in him. He was quite happy with this result. His daughter was quite capable.

He also met Diana, although it scared him to think how angry she could get.

Shiver

He was sad that he could only be with her for a few hours but knew that being able to meet her alone is a gift. He promised Diana that he would take care the Athanasia, the proof of their love and would like to get to know her as a daughter and person as well.

And hopefully gets her to forgive  him. He would understand if she didn't but he wants to be a bit selfish and keep her near him and stay in the palace. He would have to reject her request.

Of course he would let her go on trips out of the palace as he wants her to be happy.

Athanasia stood up to leave so before she left he said

"I would like to have tea with you in the evening. It would most likely be enough time for you to rest today"

"Why?"

He thought up a quick excuse

"We still need to finish our discussion from earlier. You mentioned we'd do it but we weren't able to"

"I see...... Alright, I'll come over for dinner instead. Or do you have that with Jennette?"

"No. It's only been a week since she came to the palace. I only called her when I got headaches...."  I wonder why

Athanasia heard the unsaid questions and responded

"I'll explain why at dinner. Please keep it at a private place as I do not want anyone evesdropping on our discussion like princess Jennette attempted to do yesterday."

"Alright. Go rest. I'll call Felix to escort you back"

He stood up but Athanasia replyed

"No need, i can teleport myself out. No one knows I'm here your majesty. I'd like to keep it that way"

"I see...."

"Farewell then. Glory and blessings to the obelian empire"

She curtsied as she left in a yellow flash.

Claude smiled faintly as he saw the various small flowers adorning his hair that was done by his daughter.