9

"I seem to have misheard. Surely you did not say what i think you did?"

"I'm not letting you leave the imperial family. You will stay here."

"But, your majesty! Your going against our deal!"

"I'm not."

"Yes you are!" She exclaimed. All mannerisms thrown out the window due to her frustration.

"Our deal was that i would listen to you if I lost. I listened to your request, did I not? It wasn't part of the deal for me to accept your request." He said smiling slightly.

"I'm powerful enough to leave here without your permission, your majesty. You cannot stop me."

"Sure. Your powerful enough to do so but i know your identity as the owner of azure. Surely you wouldn't want to lose your biggest business partner?"

This was getting annoying. He had her trapped. She shouldn't have revealed herself. What Athanasia enjoyed the most was her privacy. She would have only revealed her identity as the owner of azure after renouncing her title as princess as it wouldn't tie her down anymore. But she can't do that if this emperor won't let her.

She sighed

"What is it that you want, your majesty? You never cared all these years. What was it in your memory of my mother that made you care for me now."

Claude contemplated for a bit and spoke up

"I want to make it up to you"

"Make it up to me?"

"I neglected and hurt you for all these years. I want to make it up to you and treat you right. I wish for your happiness but the selfish part of me wants you to stay..... I-"

"That is very selfish of you. I can tell that you regret neglecting me but it isn't that big of a deal. Some parents abuse their children in situations like yours but you didn't. You didn't stoop down that low. All you did was ingnore my existence. If I were younger then I may scream and throw tantrums about how much I missed you. But i do not know you."

"Athanasia-"

She raised her had to stop him as she continued

"For me, your are my biological father. But i do not consider you a father. I do not know you enough to do so. But i cannot simply forget all i went through these past years."

She sighed

"Alright then. I'll stay. But i will continue my business. My identity will remain a secret. I will give you a chance to 'make it up to me' as you said. Do not waste it your majesty"

"I vow to do my best. I do not know how to be a good father but i will try. All i want is your happiness."

"I'll leave now. Farewell." She said smiling faintly.

"Mn"

She left the room.