7

It was early in the morning. A princess was walking quietly towards her room in the Ruby palace. Lilian York, the princess' nanny and most loyal maid, had a slight panicked look on her face that soon vanished when she saw her. She walked fastly towards her.

"Princess! Where have you been? You weren't in bed when I came to wake you up just now."

Yawn,

"I had some work to do lily. I haven't slept all night so I'll only be resting today. Ah! Remember to wake my up early please. His majesty has invited me to have dinner with him today-"

"Oh! Really? I always knew his majesty cared about you princess! Just wait until he soon starts calling you for tea with him often"

"No no lily. We haven't completed our discussion yet. That's the only reason he invited me. Besides, I won my bet. His majesty agreed to listen to me so I'll probably soon be leaving the palace and solely focus on my business soon."

"Your still on that princess? I will support you in whatever you choose of course but-"

"It's okay lily. I'm fine"

Although she was still worried, lily responded,

"Alright princess, have a good rest. I'll wake you up in time"

"Okay"

Athanasia said as she quickly went to her room. She decided to take a bath after she wakes up and immediately changed her clothes.

She plopped on the bed and soon fell asleep with a soft sigh.

____

"Princess! It's time to wake up princess!"

She slowly opened her eyes. She looked as lily hazily and smiled

"Good morning lily"

"Good evening princess. Please get up. You have to get ready. You're having dinner with his majesty soon aren't you? You haven't eaten all day so I'm sure your hungry"

"Ummm yeah. I'm up"

Lily neatly folded the blankets as Hannah and Ces took the princess for a bath. She was soon dressed up in a simple but elegant dress. She sat down on her seat as the maids started to comb her straight platinum blond hair.

Seeing the princess in deep thoughts, the maids remained silent as they did their work and before Athanasia realised, she was completely dressed and ready to go.

"Just on time. You're ready princess. It's time to leave. Are you sure you don't was an escort? I'll be glad to do so myself."

"No it's fine lily. I'll be off then. Bye"

"Farewell princess"

As Athanasia walked out the palace, she saw the royal guard heading towards her.

"Princess!" He exclaimed as he bowed.

"Glory and blessings to the star of obellia"

"Rise"

He looked up with a refreshing smile that calmed her a bit.

"Why are you here Sir.Robane?"

"Ah! I was heading over to escort your highness! And please, feel free to call me Felix!"

"Escort? There is no need for that Sir.Robane. But since you're already here. Let's go shall we?"

"Of course princess" answered Felix, a bit dejected that she still called him sir. Robane.

They walked towards the palace. As they walked through the corridors, she noticed many new faces among the workers. All of them bowing respectfully to her.

"I see all new faces her sir.Robane."

"Yes your highness. I mentioned what you said to his majesty and he ordered the replacement of all workers that were present then"

"Isn't that a bit too much? Surely they would learn their lesson if shown an example."

"His majesty did not like that they showed disrespect towards the princess."

"So he suddenly cares now? Hmm..."

Felix awkwardly laughed. He couldn't deny any of her worlds after all.

They reached the dinning room. Felix bowed and left immediately.