19

Claude exploded after hearing that his daughter was currently in a relationship. He 14 year old daughter was in a relationship with some brat! If one tried hard enough, you could see steam coming out of his head.

Athanasia was very casual about mentioning a boyfriend. As though it was a simple matter.

It wasn't.

A man who was seeing an imperial princess, must be worthy. If the relationship progressed enough, he would be someone in a position to be a future emperor!

Claude's mind was filled with various thoughts about whether that mischievous looking boy he remembers from the debutante was worth his daughter and the future empire.

He glanced around the room and looked towards his daughter. She was relaxed in her seat. She also gave of a confident aura that told him she was sure in her decision.

"Haaa.... I think I know you well enough to know that you are not someone who makes decisions without a reason. You either truly love him or have some use for him."

Athanasia smirked. She knew that if it was anyone who would be able to read her well, it would be her father.

"Of course. You are right father. Lucas is someone i need."

She was very vague. It wasn't clear whether she needed him because she loved him or because he had some use for her and the empire. Claude assumed it was the latter.

"But what importance does he have? If my memory serves me right, he is not a noble. Who exactly is he and where did you find him?" Claude asked as he absent mindedly picked up a piece of chocolate that was on the table. He bit it and soon realised what he had just eaten and quickly drank some tea to get rid of that horrid taste.

"Hmmm.... You could say i happened upon him by chance. He was in deep sleep at the time. I poked him with a stick."

Athanasia said with a nostalgic expression on her face. Before Claude could ask her more about their meeting, a knock was heard. The door opened and revealed an aged women.

"Miss Emma, it's been a while since we last met. The children's have missed you." She said with a warm smile. She reached over an hugged Athanasia, no- Emma.

She looked over towards Claude and asked.

"Hm? You have brought someone with you today? This is the first time you have bought someone with you."

"Yes, it's nice to met you too Madam Green ." Gesturing towards her father she replied.

"This is my twin brother, El. He was quite sickly prior to today, i hadn't been able to bring him with me. He has gotten a bit better so i thought it would do him good to met with the children.for the first time."

Madam Green ruffled Claude -or El's hair and said.

"Such a cute brother you have Miss Emma! Listen here little El, your sister has been funding our orphanage for a few years now. Always helping out and playing with the kids. Gosh- doing such a noble this at such a young age! You must be proud!"

Claude was taken aback but the sudden rush of warmth he felt. The last time someone had treated him like this was.... his nanny, Mrs. Robane.

________

I wanna hear all your reviews. I'm a new writer so i need some feedback. Do comment if you find some mistakes or methods to improve my writing!

Since i haven't updated for almost a month,
Here's a double update to make up for it!

Enjoy!❤️