29

Sir Mataes. A 26 year old bachelor. The third son of Baron Soeli. He is a pretty smart man.
Brought up as an unfavorable son.

Him being the youngest of three had left him with not much to do for the territory he turned to making his own standing and planned to eventually leave the Soeli family. He mostly works as Athanasia's middle man.

This man was currently wearing an all black mask with a small lily design on it in white. Making his blue eyes vibrant.

Dressed up in a simple all black suit, mataes stood in front of a mirror, observing his attire. His black hair neatly combed back.

He nodded deeming his look decent enough.

Mataes travelled in a carriage and reached an old hall. The place the auction is set to take place. Walking into the VIP lounge, he took a seat and relaxed.

Mataes was quite confident in himself. Mostly because spending money was something he was good at.

His job for tonight was to make sure he had the image projector in his hands.

Although most projectors look the same, this particular one had a lily design on in. Something that princess Athanasia had left on it before giving it to an old man for safe keeping.

This old man, sir. Juve, had lived at the outskirts of obelia in retirement. Wanting to keep things he assumed his wife would have liked, he bought the image projector along with many pretty looking things.

Fortunately for Athanasia, he did not have any desire to use it.

Athanasia had cleared out all traces to him and had approached him. Making a deal about how the image projector had some evidence of her mother's murder.

Hearing this, sir. Juve was ready to give it up but did not under suggestion of the princess.

He had to keep it safe until she tells him to put it up for auction.

That was exactly what Juve had done.

The next step was for Mataes to actually make sure he would be able to buy the projector.

Athanasia had made sure that the business Anastacious had been doing to recover his money and survival these past years, would face some loss.

It was easy to do so since his business was affiliated with the  azure company and mostly dependant on it.

A company owned by Athanasia.

Timing it right was a thing Athanasia struggled to do in a single night but managed it.

A week after, the image projector would be up in the market again.

Anastacious would definitely have to get it no matter what.

He was quite devastated realising he couldn't trace back ti the person who had the projector.

It would have surely shocked his to find out his weakness he had thought was done with was resurfacing.

There was also a problem with money.

This situation must be a disaster to the viscount who had just had a huge lose in his business but still need to clear up his past mistake.

Especially since he would not have money.

Although it can be assumed he would borrow money, this auction was a legal one. Therefore, it was something that would make sure that the bidders could only purchase items sold with money from their own account.

Athanasia had transferred a large sum of money into a fake account under the name, Larry.

A name Mataes would be taking on that night.

Buying the projector would be a piece of cake.

Mataes had instructions to rip open a scroll immediately after he had the projector in his hands.

It was a scroll with a intricate markings with mana infused in.

A scroll that would instantly teleport him within Athanasia's office.

That was exactly what he had planned to do. That was exactly what had happened as well.

It would surely annoy him quite a bit.

Athanasia found the results to be very pleasing.