15

Christmas special!! Here's a but about Athanasia's past and what it was like when she first came to this world.

____________

Athanasia is a unique woman. Of course, you would know that since it's not exactly common for ok one to remember her past life. But what exactly was her past life like?

When she first reincarnated as a baby, she spent countless months just trying to open her eyes and see the world clearly. Baby bodies were new to the world. Just as hers was, and her current body didn't know how to function just yet.

This was a problem she was quite familiar with. But she couldn't help but wonder why this had happened to her. Why her!?

She cried and cried a lot as a baby.

All the maids were worried for the princess's health but no one knew what to do. There had been letters sent to the palace to notify Claude on this matter but was left unanswered.

With all they could afford, the maids summoned a doctor to take a look at the princess. But there was apparently nothing wrong. But why was the princess crying so much? There must have been something she disliked.

It took a while, but Athanasia had finally opened her eyes to see a clearer view. She was surprised to see a different crib. She turned her small head with great effort and saw a maid near by. It was not someone she recognised.

Did her crying a lot change the course of time?

But then she was called princess. By everyone. Embarassing as it was, it had taken quite a few days of being called princess to realise that she was someone else.

All she could think of was

It worked! It really worked! But.....i had expected to go to the after life. But why am I a child? Abet a different one but still. Sigh

She decided to live her life to the fullest. After all those years of suffering, she wanted to enjoy this life.

But her paranoia got to her. She needed information. She needed knowledge. She needed to know where she was! She needed to stay under the radar. She had first assumed it would be difficult to hide herself with being a princess but with a neglectful father and her being an abandoned princess, it was quite easy.

Time went on, years flew by. She was quite mature person. If someone were to go through what she went through, they would turn out similar to her too. She was quite smart.

But of course, her brain and body weren't those of an adult's - there was something to be said for biology - so it shouldn't be too lopsided. She figured it had something to do with hormones and paths being forged in her growing brain, but emotionally she was still pretty much a child, despite her genius, powers of deduction and fairly good grasp of grammar.

The last was still a work in progress. After all, she'd only had a few years to work on learning both the written and spoken language of this world.

She learnt alot of things, but what stood out, was that her father, her closest living family was neglectful. But well- it was still better then any of her family in her past life.