22

It's been two months. Two whole months since Claude started to distance himself from Jennette. And it was frustrating her.

But she didn't know what to do.

She called her aunt, Duke alpheus and izekel to her palace one day. Making sure to add some extra decoration to izekel's invitation. She asked them to meet her. That it was an urgent matter.

And so, here she was, starting near the carriage and greeting the people she considers family.

"Welcome! Oh it's been such a long time since we met! Are you doing well? Where's izekel?"

"You're highness, it's good to see you. We're fine. Thank you for asking. Izekel is a bit busy witg his studies and had stayed home. We ask your forgiveness. Are you faring well?"

"Oh aunt, no! I'm not! It's been the worst here! I wanted to tell you everything!"

"Well, that's why we came. Let's take this inside, shall we?"

"Yes yes, let's"

The went into a small porch with a mini garden. It was beautifully decorated. Jennette ordered some sweets and snacks with some tea for herself and her guests. After it arrived, she dismissed all of her attenders. Making sure one of them stays out of ear shot, but close enough to call when needed.

She let out a deep sigh.

"Haaa. I have called the both of you today for some advice."

The adults exchanged glances befor her aunt asked.

"How may we help?"

"Well, you both know how the title of crown Princess was bestowed upon princess Athanasia. Haaaa. I had expected the title to fall onto me, since I am the eldest. But father suddenly changed a few weeks before that ball.

It was surprising for me to be tested all of a sudden. Which resulted in me being seen as incompetent. But i can always frame the princess of something and get the title. But i worried."

Jennette had a pale face. Her finger tips trembled as he gripped her tea cup.

"What if- what it he knows?"

The adults grimaced. Duke alphus subtly looked around to make sure no one was listening. Her aunt spoke gently.

"You do not have to worry Jennette. There is no way for his majesty to know. And even if he does know, he cannot do anything. It is your birth right to be here. To be Princess Jennette."

Duke alphus nodded.

"Yes. That's correct. But Princess. I have visited the palace with many excuses for the past few months and I have noticed that his majesty being much closer to her highness, princess Athanasia. I had gotten an opportunity to converse with her as well. Initially, everyone assumed that her highness was not educated due to being neglected. But it was only guesses since there was not much information about the princess available. But it seemed it was false.

During our conversation, it was quite obvious that she was a very intelligent person. Haaaa. Princess, i suggest that you being studying. Practicing your behaviour and mannerisms and gain more political knowledge and Allies. I'm sure you meet plenty of young women during your tea parties, please use that time to gain allies and connections.

I believe that would be the only way to get the title of crown Princess. From what i observed, princess Athanasia is physically strong as well. It would be near impossible to harm her in any way. Harming yourself and framing her might had had merit if his majesty wasn't as close to her highness as he is now....."