24

Athanasia was currently 15 years old. She woke up to Lily's bright smile that morning.

"Happy birthday Princess! All of us are really glad you were born! I hope you have a wonderful day today"

Athanasia yawned as she streched her arms.

Lilian said the same phraze every morning on her birthday. It was almost like a tradition at this point.

Although she didn't particularly like celebrating birthdays, she like this. It made her feel warm. It was nice.

Lilian truly was the best person in the world.

She quickly got ready, choosing to wear a simple white blouse, black skirt and suspenders, with some elegant jwellery.  Although simple, it was a very elegant and classy fit. Just how she liked it.

Lilian guided her towards the dining room just like any other day. As Athanasia entered the room, she noticed three people inside. It was her father, Claude de Alger obelia. His guard, imperial knight, Sir.Felix Robane, and finally, princess Jennette de Alger obelia.

All of them were dressed in fancy outfits suited for a ball rather that something one would wear for breakfast.

"Good morning father, princess Jennette, sir.robane" she curtsied.

"My apologies for being late"

Claude waved it off. " It's fine. Come, sit and eat."

Nod

Athanasia moved towards her seat. It was at the head of the table. Jennette was furious her sister would sit at the head while their father was present.

"Ahem. Sister, maybe you should change seats? Surely that seat is better for father to seat himself" she said with a strained smile.

"Normally that would be so. But this is my palace. Father is here as my father rather than as the emperor. I am the host, therefore I will be seated here."

Athanasia had expected and outburst at this. Although neither of them were wrong, it must have been embarassing for Jennette. But what surprised her was that Jennette had just nodded.

Athanasia had a stoic face on but the slight widening of her eyes and small smile gave her away to Claude. It seemed although Athanasia did not consider Jennette her sister, she doesn't seem to hate her.

A feast was brought in. It was much more fancier than Athanasia's usual breakfast. But she let it go. The meal was silent since both Claude and Athanasia prefer to eat in silence.

This was not the case for Jennette. She was a much more livelier person. This sudden silence nerved her. Although not true, it made her feel unwelcome.

She quickly ate her breakfast and waited silently for the other two to finish. As soon as they were done, Jennette soon got up from her seat and moved towards Athanasia.

"Sister, i wish you a very happy birthday. I've prepared a little gift for you. Please accept it."

A servant brought forward an elegant hair accessory. It was a bit too pink, but beautifully carved. It had Athanasia's initials carved at the side of it.

Athanasia smiled, and accepted it." Thank you. It truly is beautiful. I will treasure it."

Jennette smiles and soon excused herself as she let towards her palace.

After she left Claude clicked his tongue.

"Tsk. And her i thought i would be the first one to wish you." He mumbled.

He got up and gave Athanasia a hug." Happy birthday my daughter. May you have a beautiful and happy life ahead."

He presented a gift for her. It was a book. More precisely, it was and ancient book taken from his personal library.

But that's not what made it special.

It was a book only emperors and empresses could read. And he gave this to her?

"This is yours. I wanted to buy you a dress but i thought you would like this better."

Athanasia bent her head down so Claude would not be able to she her smile.

"I love it. Thank you."

She hugged him back. And soon, ran back to her room.

Claude chuckled, "That child, so dishonest."

"Yes, she's exactly like you, isn't she your highness?"

Cough.

"Ahem. You've gotten bold Felix."

"Hehe I'm sorry"

_______
Sorry for the late update. I've had writters block.

Also, I'll be going on a temporary hiatus. My exams are coming up.

I should be back with a new chapter by 15th April.