21

The father and daughter duo, along with the madam of the orphanage, madam Green, walked towards a small but cozy room while chatting lightly.

As soon as they entered the room, all those present stopped what they were doing and looked towards the entrance.

After a bated breadth, a series of shouts were heard. Almost 15 children called out to Emma(Athanasia) and ran towards her. Streching out their arms and tugging her skirt.

Emma bent down and carried the smallest child, Mary- a 4 year old, into her arms and she spoke with the children.

All this while, Claude looked at this scene with a soft smile. Looking at his daughter being so happy makes him remember Diana's happy face.

He really hopes he would do her proud. He doesn't want to invest up again.

"Sister Emma! Your here!""we missed you!""let's go play!"

Various voices of excited kids was heard. Athanasia visits the orphanage rarely but all the kids still remember her well. It was quite surprising since small children usually forget people they don't find remarkable. Why do they remember her?.

Athanasia sat down on the carpet, with all the children surrounding her.

"Hmmm, sadly I have some work later on. Why not a story today instead?"

"Eeeehhhhhh~ whyyyyyy"

She let out a small chuckle as she saw the whining children. Poor things. They probably think their going to study.

"Hehe. It's a story. Not studying"

"Oohhhh! Then yeah! Story!"

The children cheered.

"Well it goes like this. There once was a young girl. She lived in a world were you didn't need to do a lot of work. There were machines for plenty things. She would have lived a normal life too, but she was born a bit unique.

Her mana level was immensely large. It was like a ocean. Some higher greedy people came and bought her. Forced her to work hard and study, and started manipulating her to be their loyal pawn under the guise of adopting her.

She suffers for many many years.  Not being given enough respect no matter how much she worked-"

"Then why didn't she leave her house?"

"Ah- that's because her family was threatened. So she worked and worked. Not knowing her family was already dead.

War struck. Every family sent out soilders and mages to fight. She was forced to go too. But they lost the war. And she was missing. She was a fearsome person who both the enemy and ally respect and fear.

Such a person never came back. And was considered to be dead."

"Awww. That's so sad!! How can she die!"

"Hpmh. I never said she was dead, did i?"

"So she's alive?""where is she?""did she run away?"

"Hmm. Well, your gonna have to wait for that until the next time I visit."

"Heyyy no fair!"

"The world isn't fair kiddo. Byee"

Athanasia left the room with just her father and bid goodbye to everyone, giving all of them some small trinkets.

Claude observed his daughter. Throughout the story, she looked like she wasn't actually looking at the children but was lost in thought. She had a cloudy-ness to her eyes.

Just what was she hiding.