Chapter 1

"Come on Liv, you have to go you planned the whole thing!" My friend Ashley said to me as we got ready to my house.

"Just because I planning committee doesn't mean I have to go. I have no reason to go." I said annoyed.

"Come on, you have every reason to go. You were Homecoming queen, senior class president, senior class advisor, co-captain of the debate team, lead in the senior class play. Need I go on?" Ashley asked and I huffed a laugh.

"No, but I don't care, it doesn't mean anything. It's just titles from 20 years ago. Things have changed. I am 37 years old and what do I have to show for my life since high school?" I asked and she groaned.

"Olivia Miller I swear to god you are one of the most stubborn people I have ever met." Ashley said and I shook my head.

"Ashley, I am 37 years old, divorced and have a 14-year-old who wants nothing to do with me." I said.

"Mom, you are being over dramatic. No 14-year-old boy wants anything to do with their moms but I love you no matter what." My son Wesley said from the doorway to my bedroom. I looked at him and smiled.

"Aren't you supposed to be at Connor's house for the night?" I asked about his friend who lived down the block.

"I am on the way I just want to say have a good time tonight and I will see you tomorrow afternoon and then Monday evening." Wesley said and I looked at him confused.

"Monday?" I asked.

"Yeah dad is coming to Connor's tomorrow to pick me up and take me to the picnic and then the cabin for the weekend." Wesley said and I groaned.

"He didn't tell you did he?" Wesley asked.

"No, but it's fine. I will see him tonight and talk to him." I said and Wesley nodded. He came in my room and hugged me.

"Go have fun mom, you deserve it." Wesley said and walked out of my room and I looked at Ashley.

"Fine, I will go get dressed." I said and grabbed my outfit and walked into the bathroom to change.

"You know who else I heard is going to be there tonight." Ashley said.

"Who?" I asked.

"Scott." Ashley said and I could tell she was smiling.

"Evans?" I asked.

"Yep. He moved back permanently a couple months ago. He called Oscar a week ago and said he knew he was late RSVPing but wanted to come." Ashley said as I walked out of the bathroom in my black dress slacks and a teal button up blouse and left it open to reveal and white lace bodice top.

"You look hot!" Ashley said and I smiled. I had light brown hair that hung right below my shoulders I put some waves in it. I had Hazel eyes and with wearing the teal top it gave my eyes a green hue.

"I can't believe you talked me into going." I said as I put on my black strappy heels.

"It will be fine and if it sucks, you can duck out." Ashley said.

"And that's why you are my best friend." I said as we laughed and walked out of my bedroom and out the front door. We decided to take 2 cars just in case one of us had to leave and once we arrived tons of people were already arriving. I walked in and walked to the nametag table and I picked mine out and handed Ashley hers. I noticed they had put senior pictures on them and I rolled my eyes.

"I love how you are hating all of this and yet you were on the planning committee." Ashley said and I shook my head.

"I attended the meetings as senior class president, I had to. Shelly Robinson made all the choices." I said and Ashley smiled.