Confession (Request)

"Niall?" I heard someone say behind me. I let the smile drop from my face, turning just my head to address the female voice as I stood talking to my friends. 

"Can I talk to you?" I saw her say to me, playing with her fingers. I stood up, sighing. 

"I'll be back real quick, guys," I yelled back, smirking and shoving one hand in my pocket. I'd been expecting that from Melody; she'd been trying to talk to me every chance she'd gotten that week. 

I followed her quietly, seeing how nervous she was. She stopped around the corner from the main hallway, most of the students gone from their lockers and such. 

"I, uh," she started, and I sighed as quietly as I could. I knew how this went, so I had learned to keep quiet until she was done. 

"I like you, Niall!" she spoke quite loudly, looking down and away from me. "I don't care if you like me back or not, I just really w-want you to know that I care a lot for you." That was new. Usually it was 'I'll do anything to be with you.' How refreshing. 

I was about to speak up when I saw her walking by. I looked up quickly, careful not to miss her at all. She stopped just as quickly, her eyes wide as she took in what was going on. 

"What are you staring at?" I asked, quite emotionless. I saw her jaw straighten, her eyes catching on Melody before she started walking away.

"Nothing," she threw back at me, and I rolled my eyes. 

"See ya," I spoke, ruffling Melody's hair briefly before taking after Isabella. With confused noises from the confessor behind me, I watched her enter the classroom, waiting a few seconds before going in as well. 

I pushed open the door, letting a smirk slide onto my trained lips. 

"Jealous?" I saw her jump slightly, grabbing something from her desk. She slid her bag off her shoulder, putting it into the front pocket. 

"Not a chance, Horan," she scoffed, and I believed her. I chuckled, sitting on top of my own desk, sadly two rows from her's. 

"You've always been a terrible liar," I lied, raising an eyebrow at her as I leaned back and watched her. She pushed her hair behind her ear, zipping her bag closed and hiking it back onto her shoulders. 

"And you always tell me I'm doing something wrong, and you always seem annoyed when I'm around, and I don't get it because I don't feel that way." She kept her eyes on me, and I did the same, surprised. "I try not to be a jerk, I stay quiet so I don't bother you any longer, and the most I get out of you is a few glares and a couple rare smiles?" My eyes widened on their own, wondering when she'd start paying so much attention like I had been. "That's not fair when--" Finally, my heart began picking up on her tones and actions, pumping quickly to try to tell me something. "And you've always been a jerk!" she yelled, startling me in the slightest. I watched her keep her distance from me, shaking her head in my direction. 

But I ignored that and kept watching her, seeing her grit her teeth and turn away, a hint of blush growing in her cheeks. 

Does she? She can't. But it kind of seems like she does, I spoke inside my head, standing up slowly from the desk so I could hide my nervousness. 

I did my best not to let her see my hand shake as I took a small leap of my own, reaching out to grab her's as gently as I could. She slowly turned to look at me again as I kept my head low, my heart beginning to really pick up the pace. I couldn't think of what to say. What could have made her feel better? What would reassure her that I wasn't really trying to be rude to her, only acting annoyed because I knew how much the other guys in our class thought she was cute? I really couldn't think of a single thing that could tell her that I liked her, too.

When I met her precious, brown eyes with my own, I, sadly, reverted back to my normal self at school. I didn't know if it would communicate the right message, but my heart was pounding extra fast and told me to go for it, so I did. Taking a big breath, my smirking mouth produced words.

"You're the second confession I've gotten today."

.

.

thanks to 5sos1DshawnmO2L for requesting! sorry for the wait, but i hope you liked it! 

daily updates whoop whoop this one was only 40 minutes away from being a day skipped lol

I LOVE YOU ALL I'M GETTING 1K READS A DAY AGAIN AND PASOJLFDKNH,FDSNGDFL

Mel xxx

p.s. idk why I didn't do the at;username thing sooner what the heck mel