Six Months

I didn't know why the nervousness hadn't caught up with me yet. It was the day I'd been waiting for for six months. The airport wasn't cold, but I felt my hands and legs begin to shake as if it were freezing, when it was actually the opposite.

Walking to the correct gate was nerve-wracking, but I still hadn't even realized that I was anxious. He would come out of that door at any moment.

My dad had work that day so my mom had driven me there, smiling at me knowingly whenever I sighed out long and hard.

"Should we sit?" I wondered out loud, standing near the rows of waiting seats by the gate. My mom chuckled quietly.

"Do whatever," she shrugged, going ahead and sitting down as I felt my stomach begin to form knots. Millions of thoughts were racing through my mind, but only as I hesitantly sat down next to her and began to breathe normally could I make sense of any of them.

I was nervous. There was no doubt about it at that point. I tried to figure out why, thinking it could have been many things.

What if I don't look good? What if I stutter when I talk to him? Do I smell bad? What if seeing me in real life is a lot worse?

I couldn't pinpoint the exact problem that kept forming new knots in my stomach, all I know is that they wouldn't stop.

But the thoughts of all the good things, the amazing things, were there, too. The late night texts, the endless conversations, his voice, his laugh, and his smile all haunted me in the best way possible as I sat there, my eyes glued to the entrance he would come out of at any moment.

Seconds ticked by like hours, every breath I took extending for miles. Soon enough, I was thinking too far in the future, dreading the moment he would have to leave when he hadn't even arrived yet.

I didn't want that. I'd had too many lonely nights, knowing he was the only one willing to hold me and knowing he was lonely, too.

I'd promised him a long time before that day that I would be there for him and be strong even when he couldn't be. I decided in that moment that I shouldn't and wouldn't be nervous. I would be happy and strong. For him.

As soon as I straightened my back and felt the smile grow on my face, you can guess what happened. I looked up, feeling like the sun had just come out, when he actually walked through the gate.

I can't begin to tell you how quickly my knees gave out even when I wasn't standing, how hard my heart plunged to my stomach, or how quickly my eyes filled with tears. My mouth fell open, ready to have words rush out of it but not receiving anything to say.

I felt like everything was moving in slow motion; the way his eyes stuck to me as he dropped his bag, my legs struggling to get me on my feet, the air standing still as everything stopped completely, but my sudden hesitation to hug him sped things back up again.

For some reason, I was afraid his arms wouldn't feel as amazing as I'd hoped, I terrified to open the door that had been locked for 6 months.

But for all those months, he'd been right there, regardless of distance. He didn't let me be upset, he would never leave me alone. And he didn't change in that moment.

He reached out and finally closed the gap between us, bending down slightly to wrap his arms around my waist like he'd always helping y arms to find their way to hold him, too. He strength of his grip around me only helped my heart to race faster, finally pushing an audible noise out of my constricting throat.

"Hello," I breathed out, feeling as if everything else was being shut out. I finished blinking back my tears as he buried his face into my neck. When he didn't say anything, I smiled and began to realize how monumental those few seconds had already become, both of us standing there holding each other as tightly as possible.

I hadn't realized how good it would feel to have him right in front of me, much less in my arms.

Warmth spread through me feeling my eyes fill with tears once again. I didn't know how, but somehow he pulled me even farther into his embrace, causing my smile to grow to an extent that I didn't know existed.

"(Y/N)," he started, his voice cutting out there. I sighed out, feeling my heart flutter like it'd just started beating.

"It's nice to finally meet you, too," I finished, feeling his chest depress against mine and his adorable laugh ring out for the first time in person, making me the happiest person alive.

We didn't let go for a long time. We didn't want to. We didn't need to.

All we needed was each other.

.

.

HELLO

ITS ME

I'm so so so so sorry for being gone for so long! I hope you all can forgive me. I won't even try to make excuses for my hiatus.

It's back to writing this summer. You all have been waiting too long for your imagines when you shouldn't be. I'm so sorry.

One of the things that has kept me from writing as much is that I finally got a boyfriend asdfghjkl he's who this imagine is based off of if you couldn't tell :) 

I hope you all can forgive. I'll try to update regularly this summer!

Thank you! I love you all!

Mel xxxxxxxxxx