Black and White (Request)

Black. White. I couldn't decide which, but I was one of them. The contrast between the two is unmistakable, but for some reason, the amount of times and places and occasions that this combination is used as numerous as the stars in the heavens.

But for as many stars are in those heavens, there's a greater number that lies in the chance, very small chance, of those two stars crossing paths.

They say opposites attract, but that didn't mean I wanted them to.

The only traces of him were the stories, the blood stain, an empty desk, and soon enough, an annoying guidance counselor.

"I just want you to take this to his house," she smiled, pushing the Manila folder closer and closer to me like she had been ever since she'd opened her mouth.

"I don't have time, ma'am. Studying for the exams is more important than doing your job for you," I smiled politely, and she frowned. I began to walk away when she noisily stood from her chair.

"I'll buy you the study guide," she offered, and suddenly the folder was in my hand.

The study guide. The three pages of paper my parents wouldn't bother to let me buy. It could've meant the difference between first and second place in the class.

She grinned, knowing she'd perfectly exploited my weakness.

Within a few minutes, I was knocking on his door. I heard something smash on the floor inside quickly accompanied by yelling.

When a middle-aged man opened the door, I felt relieved. I didn't need to see the other guy's face.

"Hello," I smiled, and he invited me in without saying a word.

"You're from Niall's class, yes?" he asked, and I nodded, knowing he'd figured it out from our matching class uniforms.

"This is his homework," I nodded, handing the folder to him.

"You just missed him," he sighed, annoyed. He gestured to the window, and the broken potted plant on the floor went to show he hasn't changed since the first day of school.

He had punched someone so hard they needed stitches, or so the stories said. The blood stain by the main entrance of the school showed that something similar had happened. No matter what the case, he was suspended, and he hadn't come back since.

"Thank you, miss," his, assumed, father spoke. I nodded once more, glad when the cool air calmed my mind.

Apparently, causing an accident in someone's house by knocking on their door wasn't enough.

"Just invite him back to school! He'll listen to a pretty girl like you!" the guidance counselor pleaded, and I felt my hands cramp from clenching them into fists.

"You promised me a study guide for the homework I gave to him. I owe you nothing more," I sighed, hearing the late bell ring.

"Shipping takes 3 - 5 business days," she spoke, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"If he says no, that's not my fault," I snapped, stalking out of the room.

Yet again, I found myself at his house.

When I knocked, I waited to hear something else breaking. When the door swung open, everything happened quite quickly.

"I thought you were someone else," he sighed, and my mouth dropped. I hadn't seen him before.

Coincidentally, he spoke what I was thinking before I could do anything else.

"You're cute," he smiled. He took my hand, spinning me in a circle and in through the door, making me dizzy and confused.

"I'm here to ask you to come to school--" He threw me a can of soda, hopping up on the kitchen counter.

"Yeah, right," he scoffed, taking a long pull on the drink. "You're probably here 'cause I'm hot," he laughed, and I set the can on the table.

"I'm not here to waste my time. I'd be studying if I could," I sneered, and he furrowed his eyebrows, walking up to me and just staring.

"You're Madi, aren't you?" I stepped back from him, finding him too close.

"How do you know?" I wondered, and he chuckled.

"You were already labeled the studybug by everyone," he shrugged, and I was kind of surprised that people had been gossiping on the first day of school.

"You're just a nerd. Who cares about school? Grades are just numbers. It's stupid you care about something so pointless," he scoffed, and I felt myself getting mad.

"You're a delinquent who doesn't know how to control his anger or his fists!" I yelled back, not giving him time to interrupt. "School gives you a job and a life. The only thing that's pointless is that I came here in the first place," I growled, and his eyes were drained of amusement.

"Ms. Goody Two-Shoes can't come up with a good enough comeback, as usual," he teased. When my hand met his cheek with that much force, even I was surprised.

"At least I'm nothing like you," I spoke loudly, making sure I hadn't dropped anything before I hurried towards the door.

"You may not like it, but you're just like me," he countered, holding his face.

I shook my head, feeling my heart pound under my skin.

"I'm not," I spoke once more, and he laughed, walking to the window and pulling it open.

"You are, babe," he nodded, grinning at me before jumping through the window. I didn't even have enough time to ask myself whether or not he was right.

Black and white.

.

.

thanks to Nialllover121199 for requesting! I hope you like it and I'm sorry for the wait!

I love you all, and sorry the delay! I'm working just not typing them up :)

Melody xx