Seizure (Request)

As soon as I realized what was happening, I panicked.

This can't be happening. Not here! Not now! I screamed to myself. I poked Niall carefully, and he turned to me.

"I, uh, need to go to nurse," I whispered, and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why can't you tell the teacher yourself?" he asked me, and I began blushing. Niall was my only really good friend, but he still didn't know everything about me.

"I can't raise my hand," I said through gritted teeth. He continued to look confused, but he got the teacher anyway.

"Excuse me," he called to our teacher. "I need to go to the nurse, I'm feeling really faint." I sighed gratefully.

"I'll go with him to make sure he gets there," I smiled, holding my arms against my body.

We walked out of the door, and I let out a yelp of pain.

"What's wrong?" he asked, not bothering to walk us to the nurse's, which was all the way downstairs.

"I'm having a seizure," I told him, and he looked shocked.

"You get seizures?" I nodded, looking down at my arms.

"Okay, okay, uh, what's happening?" he seemed to panic, and I sat down against the wall.

"My muscles are tightening together in both my arms, so I can't move them correctly, and it doesn't feel that good," I got out, feeling the tight sensation only get worse.

"Are you-" he started.

"And after that happens, they release and start going crazy. I usually can't control them for a few minutes," I explained. I hated that part.

"What can I do?" he wondered, and I blushed.

"I don't know," I sighed, but I really needed him to do something. I squeezed my eyes shut at the pain and the embarrassment.

"You can tell me a story to distract me," I shrugged, thinking that usually worked.

"Okay," he breathed, and I wondered why he looked so frazzled.

"The time I first picked up a guitar was the first time I realized I wanted to be a musician," he began, and I focused on him completely. I tried to think about what he felt, saw, smelled, anything but thinking of what I was feeling.

"I liked hearing my dad play it, and it looked easy enough, but then I was allowed to use it, and I figured it could be fun." I nodded, smiling lightly.

"So I taught myself until someone asked what I'd been doing in my room all those days," he chuckled. "I showed my dad what I could do, and he was so proud. I mean, it felt so amazing to have taught yourself to do something but then to show someone and have them be as proud as my dad is and was.

"So I only continued to practice, but I started to get stressed with school and sports, as well. I began to lose interest, only doing it because my dad loved to see me play so much," he sighed. I wondered what period of his life that'd been. It couldn't have been too far back.

"I dropped it altogether one day, telling my dad I was too busy. But then I heard someone talking about how much they loved to play volleyball and how nothing else really mattered but when they were playing. I wanted to love something as much as they did, but I realized I did. So I picked up that guitar once more and made a promise to myself I wouldn't ever play for anyone else but me."

He stopped talking and looked at me, and I grinned.

"Thank you," I breathed out. The seizure had stopped as soon as I became invested in him, and the second stage didn't happen at all.

"Did it work?" he wondered, looking a little embarrassed at how deep he'd gone.

"Yeah, thanks, Niall," I nodded, and he helped me up and back to class.

I wasn't sure if it was another mistake in my brain, but as I realized he'd done everything in his power to help me back there, I felt my muscles tighten for a different reason.

I liked Niall.

.

.

thanks to niallno1 for requesting! So sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

oh and that story that Niall told, if you substitute Niall for me, his guitar for writing, the girl as xoxselenatorxox and the volleyball she loved as writing, too, you have the story of my own life right there

Mel xxxx

p.s. double update!!