Walk It Off (Request)

I watched Louis kick the ball as hard as he could right into Niall's stomach, knocking him over, of course. Louis had quite a strong kick when he wanted to. 

"You alright?" Harry called, and Niall chuckled as he got up. 

"Walk it off," Louis shouted when Niall threw him the ball. 

"Yeah, walk it off, mate," Liam joined in, and I rolled my eyes, glancing at Zayn and wondering if he would say it, too. They all just laughed, getting back to their game of soccer, or football

I was alright for a while longer, but I guess Niall's bad luck was contagious because at one point, I began to run forward and rolled my ankle. I tripped, trying to steady myself on the same foot and yelping in pain and just falling instead of catching myself again. 

"Hey," Niall called, seeing me there in the middle of the field we were using. 

"I don't think I can move from right here," I told him, seeing all of their eyes meet me. He rushed over, making my heart pulse a little, but it already had been. I stood up, avoiding putting any pressure on my right ankle. 

"What happened?" Niall asked me softly, making the concern in his eyes a little hard to meet. 

"I rolled my ankle," I told them, and they looked sorry. I just didn't want it to be broken.

"Can you walk it off?" Harry joked, and that made me smile. I tried stepping forward and the pain shot through me once more. Niall gently gripped my arm, staring at me. 

"Let's get you inside," he nodded, and before I knew it he was carrying me inside of Liam's house. 

He put me up on the kitchen counter, slipping my shoe off and touching my ankle to make sure it wasn't broken. 

"It looks alright, I think you just need to elevate it and ice it when you get home," he nodded, glancing at me before putting my shoe back on. 

"Thanks, Niall," I smiled a little, my foot beginning to hurt quite a lot. He let a smile tug at one side of his mouth, surprisingly reaching over towards me and kissing me on the cheek. He hadn't done that more than once, but it made my heart have a panic attack nonetheless. 

I let my grin completely control me, not able to control it as he pulled back to look at me. But as soon as he saw me, he seemed to collapse back onto my shoulder, putting his hands on the counter on either side of me.

"Come on," he sighed next to me, my heart still exploding in my chest. "Not fair." I felt his forehead on my bare collar bone where my shirt was slipping off of my shoulder beginning to get hot. I knew my cheeks were getting red, too. 

I thought I would be able to get away without him knowing how happy all of that made me, but he popped back up the next second, both of us staring at each other.

"I don't think I'll be able to walk this one off, but that's not gonna stop me," he let out gently, surprising me completely when he leaned over so close and kissed me for the first time, his hands still steadying himself on either side of me. 

I let my eyes fall closed, most of the frantic thoughts inside my head being about asking him to be my boyfriend or something crazy like that. But I couldn't dwell on that for long, my heart pounding too loud in my ears. 

But with the pain in my ankle subsiding with every second his lips were on mine, I liked that at least one of us would be able to walk something off. 

.

.

thanks to eblackmer17 for requesting! I hope you liked it and sorry for the wait! 

I love you all so much oh my gosh i don't know how i'm so lucky anymore

Mel xx

p.s. my crush might like me? asdfghjkl who knows ???