Married (Request)

I think my heart briefly screamed out as his hand intertwined with mine. At some points, I convinced myself that Niall didn't like me as much as he said that he did. As his girlfriend, I expected to be kissed and hugged and held a lot more than I had been those last few months. But I always remembered the night he asked me to be his girlfriend, but also told me how scared he was to be in a relationship. He said he didn't know how to do it right, but I told him that we would get through it.

So that day on the beach was certainly a step for him. We had gone to the boardwalk, played and won some games, then went down to the beach. The water was a little too cold, but the air was hotter than most days.

He took my hand suddenly and I smiled, glad to see him being brave. I squeezed his hand to let him know he was doing good, and he stepped closer to me.

We sat down in the sand, the wind blowing through our hair. I sighed out, closing my eyes. He had let go of my hand, but I still felt the warmth of his touch running through my veins.

"It feels so good to be out in the sun," I commented, really just talking to myself.

"Everything's felt a little better lately," he added, and I blinked my eyes open. The past few weeks we had been spending most of the days out of seven with each other. Maybe that was why he had gotten to brave. Or maybe he was just used to me.

"I agree," I grinned, laying back in the sand. The intensity of the sun forced my eyes closed since I had forgotten my sunglasses. When a shadow obstructed it, I opened my eyes once again. His bright eyes stared down at me, and his grin was another brightness that blinded me.

"Let's get married," he grinned, and I wouldn't have dared to let my surprise show on my face. My heart pounded as I kept my expression neutral.

Is he joking? Is he serious? He can't be serious. Does he want me to go along and play the part? I stopped panicking and remembered who I was staring up at.

"Okay," I smiled, sitting up and turning to stare at him.

Suddenly he looked sick, completely pale.

"I didn't actually mean it," he spoke, holding his breath. I furrowed my eyebrows, confused at what he had been trying to do. "I mean!" he started again. I laughed quietly, loving how cautious he was. "Of course I love you-" We both stopped right there, as soon as he had said what neither of us had yet.

"I love you, Tia," he said again, affirming it to both of us. I took every ounce of surprise and love and confusion and patience and kissed him for the first time, catching him off guard like he had done to me.

Everything seemed to fall into place as he let me go and breathed out like he hadn't for a long time. I pressed my forehead to his.

"Let's get married."

.

.

thanks to xNialls_Gurlx for requesting! sorry for the wait but I hope you liked it!

i love you all so much and i'm so happy i'm posting daily :)

Mel xx