Words (Request)

I couldn't help but smile as I walked out onto the field. It was one thing to play with a team, but it was another to have an entire stadium to yourself.

Well, and Niall.

He somehow got a whole, huge, stadium just for us to practice that day. I looked around in awe, grinning.

We practiced for a few hours, also arguing about whether it should be called football or soccer.

I had been running for about a minute at one point, so I ran over to grab a drink. I flopped down on the bench, sighing and downing almost all of my water.

Niall got down on one knee to tie his shoe. I eyed him for a second, but then I ignored it. I think he'd been hinting at a proposal, but nothing had happened yet.

So we played for a little longer, but then I was exhausted. We sat back down, and Niall gave me his water since mine was long gone.

"You really shouldn't wear jewelry while you're playing," he spoke up, and I furrowed my eyebrows, patting my neck and glancing at my fingers and wrists.

"I'm not wearing any jewel-" I watched as he slid a ring right onto the appropriate finger. The water bottle fell out of my hand when he got down on one knee again.

He smiled, and then looked at me. His eyes flitted away once or twice, and then he blushed under my unblinking ones.

"You won't lose it on the field, right?" he asked, and I finally breathed again.

"Even if I lost it," I laughed, still in shock. "I'd still have you. Isn't that what matters?" He nodded, but then shrugged.

"Well," he dragged out, and I raised an eyebrow.

"What really matters is that ring cost a lot of money, so you'd better not lose it," he spoke sternly, but I he couldn't even come close to keeping a straight face.

We laughed for a long time, trying to shake off how sentimental that'd gotten. Neither one of us was very good with words, but that night, for the first time, we didn't have to say the words we both wanted to so badly.

I love you.

.

.

thanks to niallerislife1 for requesting! I hoped you liked it and so sorry for the wait!

I hoped you all liked it as well :)

Mel xxxx

p.s. sorry for no update yesterday! couldn't get wifi :(