First Kiss (Request)

before you read; unless I say otherwise, it would be safe to assume that the main character is Niall's age, unless the main character is Niall lol x 

.

I felt the excitement come through on my face as I slipped off my cover up and straightened my bikini. I hadn't been to the beach in months, so finally being able to return made me overjoyed. I was even more lucky to get to take my best friend with me.

I let the salty wind roll over me as I stepped into the warm water, feeling the sand beneath my feet. The sun was nearly setting to our left, not quite blinding us as it hung over the horizon and made a nice twilight along the sky. 

Smiling, I felt water splash on me. I opened my eyes, seeing Diana with a guilty smirk. 

"You'll regret that," I spoke playfully through gritted teeth. I splashed her, too, hearing her squeal. After only a few seconds, we were both soaked, and I ran away from her as best I could, diving under the water completely. 

We swam for only a few minutes, promising to return the next day for more. We'd been so busy with checking out other things that we'd saved the beach for last. We were pretty hungry, so we got out, feeling myself being reluctant to leave, and dried off. 

We found some food, coming back to the shore to chill for a while before we headed back to the hotel. 

Vibing to a live singer, we stayed and watched as the sun began to set, talking about boys and other nonsense like that.

A couple walked by, holding hands and catching my gaze. I stared after them, seeing they were laughing as they stared out at the sea. I loved seeing couples so happy. They kissed, and I felt my heart break a little, longing to have something like that. I wanted to kiss somebody, never having done so even at my age. I'd been waiting for the right person, but they never came along. I doubted if they ever would. 

Diana opened her mouth to say something when a guy suddenly approached us, a bright smile on his face and an obvious sentence to tell us. 

"Would one of you like to sing?" he spoke, breathing out as he finished. I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why he'd asked us in specific. He didn't look much older than us, with brown hair and a large, nearly permanent smile. 

"I'll do it," I shrugged, pushing myself up off of the sand. His smile only widened somehow, nodding. Someone had to, I guess, and I did like to sing. Diana seemed confused, standing to follow us anyway. A group of four guys ran past us, laughing, and I glanced back, wondering why they were having so much fun. 

"So you'll just sing a song or two, whatever you like. The band can back you up," he instructed me, and I smiled. I hadn't performed in front of people for a while, but it was exciting. 

"I'm Ollie, by the way," he told me just as I finally saw where I would be singing. It was a little stage with a small but decent-sized crowd around it. He led me up on stage, and the voices around me dulled. I adjusted the microphone to fit my height, turning to the band and thinking of a song that they might know. Relieved when they said they knew it, I turned back to the crowd, seeing Diana smiling at me. 

They began playing, and I felt my heart begin to race, coming in when I felt ready. Smiling as soon as my voice rang out, I continued singing the song. It was one of my favorite songs, and it was upbeat, so the crowd was pretty into it. The song fit my voice better than most, so I sang it as confidently as I could. 

When I finished, a little lightheaded and blushing, I grinned widely, hearing a few people to sing something else. I shook my head, thinking that Ollie probably wanted someone else, but he waved me on despite those thoughts. I shrugged, turning back to the band, thanking them, and making sure they knew the next song I wanted to sing.