Comfort (Request)

I sunk down into our couch, wrapping my favorite blanket around me for extra warmth and comfort. We had both just gotten home from work, so the heat had been off, so I was freezing.

We had decided to cuddle up and watch a movie with some snacks leftover from the Valentines Day party we through. I put my legs up beside me, a small bowl of Skittles on my lap.

"What do you wanna watch?" he asked, letting the screen of the television light up.

"Anything is fine. I'll probably fall asleep anyway," I chuckled, always being the one who fell asleep on his arm.

"Party pooper," he scoffed playfully. I rolled my eyes, throwing a candy at him. He pretended nothing had happened, but then he poked my side, which was extremely ticklish. I stared at him, making sure he didn't do it again, both of us laughing at our childish behavior.

He flipped through Netflix, stopping on some horror movie that I had never heard of. I didn't do too well with horror movies, but I didn't say anything to him.

It started, and I mostly played with the fraying ends of the ribbons on the blanket, making it look like I was staring at the screen but not.

After twenty minutes or so of getting away with it, Niall poked me with something on my cheek. I giggled, turning to see what it was. It was a Twizler, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"What?" I wondered, and he grinned.

"Open up," he nodded, and I bit into the Twizler. He quickly leaned down and ripped off the other end with his teeth, making me laugh for a while. I split the candy in half, smiling at him and giving him the rest.

He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek just as I finally looked at the screen. Right then, something popped out and scared both the character and me.

I didn't jump, but the only logical thing my brain could think to do was to cling to Niall, so I turned and buried my face in his shirt. He laughed, saying something that my pounding heart blocked.

I came off of him, a little embarrassed. He must have been trying to tell me that wasn't it, but three more scares happened before I'd had enough.

I pretended to be laying down against his arm, but I really just needed indirect comfort. I closed my eyes, making sure I talked to myself in my head so I wouldn't be thinking about demons and devils for weeks afterwards.

"Hey," he called, and I looked up at him. "We can head up to bed if you'd rather," he shrugged, and I knew he had noticed how distressed I was.

"I'm pretty tired," I nodded, stretching when he turned the television off.

We went up to bed, and I furrowed my eyebrows when I sat down on the bed. The comforter was missing from the layers of sheets, and it was pretty cold. I decided to warm up in the sheets, and then find it. I had stayed at Melody's the night before, so I guessed Niall had taken it off.

"Ni," I called to him in the bathroom, shivering abit under the covers. He walked out, switching off the lights in there.

"Where'd you put the comforter?" I wondered, and he tried to remember.

"Oh. I know," he grinned, jumping into bed beside me. Before I could utter a word of confusion, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer.

"I'm right here, babe."

.

.

thanks to CassidyKoller for requesting this! I hope you liked it!

im planning on writing 6 more imagines between 10 (now) and 5. Wish me luck xD

I love you all so much! Thank you for reading!

Mel xx