Vision (Request)

My head fell to my chest once more as I slipped into a dream. I woke up, trying everything to stay awake.

"Who knows the answer?" the teacher asked, looking out at her first period class. I was always dozing in that class.

"Jordan?" she called, alarming me and making my stomach flip.

"Nerve cells?" I guessed randomly. She frowned at me, catching a glimpse of Niall Horan with his hand raised.

I paid attention, knowing he would know the answer a million times over.

"Enzymes, also known as catalysts, have actives sites for substrates. They can either break or mend these, increasing the reaction rates of some chemical reactions," he spoke, continuing on about competitive inhibitors and denatured enzymes. I sat in awe of how he knew so much when we hadn't even learned it yet.

The bell rang before the teacher could even get a surprised squeak out.

The guys, idiots I should say, behind Niall started poking fun at him, calling him a know-it-all and a loser. My teeth involuntarily ground together, their stupid words fueling my anger.

I stood up too quickly, knocking over my chair and getting the attention of every last one of them.

"At least he has an idea of where he's going with his life. He has every idea," I spat, a little too furious. "You guys will wither away or freeze to death while you're drunk in some alley after a football game. Why don't you get lost?" They glared at me, one of them pushing me back into my chair as they walked away.

"You didn't have to do that," Niall spoke up, and I marked it as one of the only times he willingly talked to me. I shrugged.

"They needed to learn a lesson, those jerks," I scoffed, picking up my bag. "I'm willing to stand up for a guy who knows where he's going with his life," I shrugged, seeing him smile and nod.

"They're my type." With those words, he looked embarrassed and flattered and shocked all at the same time. I walked away, knowing that for a few seconds there, his whole vision of what his life looked like had changed.

.

.

thanks to jordanhoran2347 for requesting this! so sorry for the wait, but I hope you liked it!

this one tho xD

I love you all so much and I hope you are liking these. If so, leave a comment!

Mel xx